Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

got a question about a temporary cage

jumbo3

Cavy Slave
if you havent read my other post, im new here. so, i just got my a little girl, i dont know of her age but shes a little small. untill i save up my money, ive got her in a medium-small sized super-pet cage. i was just wondering if it would due for a month, give or take a week or two. when i get the money, im going to order a c&c cage. thanks, jumbo.

pocoyo

Cavy Slave
It should be fine, as long as you get a c&c cage sorted as soon as possible. Just make sure she gets plenty of floor time and lap time.

jumbo3

Cavy Slave
ok, i will. thanks. the cage i was looking at on ebay was 90 dollars with shipping, so thatll take me 3-4 weeks maybe with my allowance :D

pocoyo

Cavy Slave
Is it a c&c cage already made up? Or are you just buying the grids?

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
If you buy the material at somewhere like Home Depot, the material ould only be about $40. Also welcome lol

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Pigglywiggly is right, you can save money by buying the grids and coroplast and putting the cage together yourself. It will probably be about $15 for grids (at Target), and $15 to $20 for coroplast if you live in the US. For help locating supplies, try this link: https://www.guineapigcages.com/where.htm .

jumbo3

Cavy Slave
Well, I've never learned to make one, but i like to work with my hands! Maybe I will just do that instead, as sometimes im a little lazy and would just rather order them... lol

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
The home page of this site tells you the step by step diretions how to make a c&c cage.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Well, I've never learned to make one, but i like to work with my hands! Maybe I will just do that instead, as sometimes im a little lazy and would just rather order them... lol

Even if you order it, you will still have to assemble it when it arrives. You would be much better off financially to just go get the materials yourself because you are really just ordering all the materials needed in a "kit" that will still require assembly. The only thing you won't have to do is cut/score your coroplast tray. You will still have to tape it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.