PDA

View Full Version : A rescue name?

cinn&sprinslave
09-28-04, 10:06 am
I haven't been able to think of a rescue name (Well I have thought of a couple and so has my friend but I want to here all of your ideas) and my friend has been helping me too but so so far I don't think we have found a name that clicks. So anyways, any one have any name ideas? The rescue is strictly a Guinea Pig Rescue we won't be rescuing anything else.

Sierra
09-28-04, 11:41 am
You're starting a rescue? Really? That's awesome. I've always wanted to start a guinea pig or hamster rescue, of course I'd have to have a lot of money so I don't think I'm quite ready yet, ha ha.

I like the name Guinea Pig Lovers to the Rescue, or something to that effect, maybe Cavy Lovers to the Rescue or CLR for short.

sofiemuffins
09-28-04, 11:44 am
Cute names! Sounds like an action heroe team! =)

Sierra
09-28-04, 11:49 am
Yeah, I've always liked "to the rescue" things, ha ha

cinn&sprinslave
09-28-04, 04:03 pm
Thanks I really like those names. It is just so hard to decide. lol

cinn&sprinslave
09-28-04, 05:59 pm
Any one else have any other ideas?

FloppyRagzDolli
09-28-04, 06:11 pm
Piggy Place
Perfect Piggies
Cavy Cart
Cavy Canopy

oh, i dont know. just throwing out some ideas.

TinaFabulous
09-28-04, 08:56 pm
Howabout Natalie's Piggy Place?

MetallichicA
09-28-04, 09:42 pm
Place O' Pigs, or POP(corn) for short :D

cinn&sprinslave
09-29-04, 09:30 am
Hmmm I don't I don't think I want my name in it not really sure though....... I like pop, perfect piggies, and cavy canopy too.

cinn&sprinslave
09-29-04, 11:38 am
Ok so me and my friend decided on The Piggy Palace!!!

cinn&sprinslave
09-29-04, 01:26 pm
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Sierra
09-29-04, 02:26 pm
I like it! In the future I'll have Cavy Lovers to the Future when I'm out on my own and have my own guinea pig rescue, so no one take that name! lol.

cinn&sprinslave
09-29-04, 02:30 pm
I like it! In the future I'll have Cavy Lovers to the Future when I'm out on my own and have my own guinea pig rescue, so no one take that name! lol.

Lol!

loves2travel
09-29-04, 07:15 pm
I love your name!!!!! i thought cavy canopy was cute too, floppy.

Sierra
09-30-04, 09:15 am
Which will be if I make tons of money, lol, to pay for vet bills. I don't know how I am going to afford it, but it might be possible.

imaloserdottie
10-11-04, 09:06 am
I was just thinking.. you say you will only take in 6 as your maximum. what are you going to do when someone comes to you with another one which would make your 7th. are you just going to say that you're sorry, but you can't take in another one? I don't really know how you could do that. seem like, being a rescue, you would want to do whatever you could to help any homeless piggies. Then again, I suppose saving 6 is better than none. I just know that if I were you, I wouldn't be able to tell anybody no when another animals life was at stake. I just recently adopted 2 piggies from Texas Rustler's, which this lady does out of her home. every room in her house is full of piggies. www.theguineapigrescue.com check it out if you need more ideas as far as pricing or site ideas.

Treen
10-11-04, 09:19 am
Every single rescue, big or small has its limits whether they're because of space, time or money. I think you just have to have a other resources to hand whether it's referring them to other rescues, having a waiting list and asking them to keep hold of the pigs until you can take them in, looking for foster carers or giving them thorough advice on how to look for a new home for their pet independently. Helping even a few guinea pigs makes a real difference, I think you need to focus on what you can do rather than what you can't.

Congratulations on your new piggers, imaloserdottie - hope they're settling in well!

cinn&sprinslave
10-11-04, 09:32 am
Well if I can't take the pigg in in that doesn't mean that I can't help the owners decide after all to keep the guinea pig and teach them how to care for it right. And it also doesn't mean that I can't ask them to foster it in their own home until I find room. And there are HSs around where I live and if I absolutly can't take one in I will tell them to go to there. I know that many people have huge rescues like CavySpirit with hundreds (100 0r 200) of piggs. But everyone has a limit to what they can rescue. I am not planning on being a huge rescue. But even my rescuing of 6 piggs will but a dent in helping all the homeless piggies.
Thanks for the link!

cinn&sprinslave
10-11-04, 10:05 am
Oh and I can't be a big rescue do to space and money... A lot of people in my house are allegic to guinea pigs (or at least they tell me they are) so no I can't have piggs in every room in my house. Seeing as I pretty much already have my piggs in every room in the house that they can be in. So thats why I have a limit of 6. If I desperately needed to I could find more room. But I want to set limits. And I am not rich so no with only about 5 friends helping out I can not take in a 100 or even 50 piggs.

loves2travel
10-11-04, 05:01 pm
how are you going to handle vet bills? donations?

cinn&sprinslave
10-11-04, 05:09 pm
how are you going to handle vet bills? donations?Well I just made $110 at the last two bazaars (Well it was one bazaar but it lasted two days). So that will go to paying vet bills when i get the first rescue pigger. And I am friends with my vets (there are two of them) and they said they would give the check ups free but then any medicine etc I would pay for out of my own pocket. Which is fine with me.

For donations I was mostly thinking, food (Cavy Cuisine, Wagners), veggies/fruits, bedding (except cedar pine is ok I will just air dry it), towels, fleece (even if I don't use it as bedding I can use it for floor time etc), extra cages unless they are metal, broken, just plain gross etc., supplies people had left over from their pets that they don't have anymore, toys, water bottles, cubes, coroplast signs.

And if the other people that are in the rescue agree, then I may do something where you sponser a pigg for $5 a month until he/she gets adopted with weekly updates. Then I will send a notice to you (example) telling you they were adopted and to who etc. Just general info. Then if you wanted to sponser another pigg I would send you an email or letter with a pic of the another pigger.

I don't think I will do just money donations, because then I have to add that to taxes etc., and then everyone will want a little tax write off sheet. But I guess if they really wanted to "donate" money they could buy something from the website.

loves2travel
10-11-04, 05:17 pm
that is a lot of moolah from the bazaar! what were you selling?

sorry if im asking too many questions, im just very curious.

cinn&sprinslave
10-11-04, 05:20 pm
that is a lot of moolah from the bazaar! what were you selling?

sorry if im asking too many questions, im just very curious.

lol it's ok! I am curious too lol. Um I was selling cat tents, pillowcases, guinea pig tents, hand beaded jewlery, aprons, hand bags, and little pillows to go inside the cat and guinea pig tents!
Yes it was alot of moola, I am very happy because now I can go out and buy some more toys for the piggers!

loves2travel
10-11-04, 05:23 pm
where was this bazaar? i want to come next time and buy stuff for the girls!

cinn&sprinslave
10-12-04, 06:04 pm
where was this bazaar? i want to come next time and buy stuff for the girls!

Ok well I am not sure which ones I will be going to next. I haven't decided yet But I well let you know. But I know that I am definantly going to one called "The Gales Creek Bazaar" . I think it is the first week in december. I will let you know.
I may not be at my table at that one, because my friend might be watching it (the table). Not possitive though!

loves2travel
10-12-04, 07:11 pm
ok, cool. let me know!

AngelsCavies
10-12-04, 08:35 pm
My husband and I are concidering becoming a rescue for cavies in pgh, pa area. Maybe sometime next year. I love to sew and I would sell things at a craft show or a bazaar or at a mall and rent a booth. I would make binkies for the piggies and bunnies, dog beds or cat beds, decorative pillows for couch or beds and ect. I probably would name it Lewis Cavy Rescues.

mncavylover
10-12-04, 08:41 pm
That sounds great! I'm glad. I hope you do it, and good luck if you do!

AngelsCavies
10-13-04, 09:35 am
Thank you. We probably will start sometime next year. We want to make sure we have enough money for food, vet bills and ect.

That sounds great! I'm glad. I hope you do it, and good luck if you do!

jennz11
10-18-04, 07:29 pm
What are your plans for your rescue cinn? like how are u gonna get it known?

Good luck with your rescue Cinn&Sprinkle!! Keep us updated!!!

cinn&sprinslave
10-18-04, 07:41 pm
What are your plans for your rescue cinn? like how are u gonna get it known?

Good luck with your rescue Cinn&Sprinkle!! Keep us updated!!!

Well I want to keep it rather small. And I have already worked out advertising with a few people. Right now I am currently busy so I am not doing to much that has to do with the rescue.
YepI will keep you all updated!!

jennz11
10-18-04, 07:46 pm
Alright cool = )