PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this pic/know where to find it?

catzeye21138
03-08-07, 02:46 am
Hope I've posted this in the right spot?

I've lost a picture of a cage that I saw in the photo gallery and it had its ramp on the outside of the cage. It is the only one that I have ever seen like it so I was hoping that someone else knew where it was? I've been looking for 45 minutes now with no luck. I'm almost positive that it was an open cage with a small loft on the top back(in perspective with the picture).

The reason I'm looking for it is because I'm making a bigger cage so that I can keep my 3 sows together instead of 2 in a 2x3 and the other in a pitiful 1x2.5. I've only just convinced my parents to let me expand. I was trying to mix two cages that I saw on there but I forgot how to do the outside of the cage ramp. Thanks bunches!

Lindsey

Terekins
03-08-07, 06:16 am
I've seen that photo too, it looked as though it might have been set up in a laundry room (tiled walls and floors)? Of course there are probably several. Anyway, I don't know where that photo is, but I have a tube on the outside of my cage going from the bottom to top level. I designed my cage to look like this one:
http://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/index.php

The pigs love running up and down! Let me know if you need details on how to attach it.

catzeye21138
03-08-07, 06:29 pm
Yah, I think thats the one I'm thinking of. Was it sort of looking down the cage, not at the side and the ramp was on the right? I dunno. There was a foot in the picture though. But when I clicked your link it only went to the pictures page?

Terekins
03-08-07, 06:49 pm
Sorry, maybe it wasn't the correct link. Try this:
http://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5645

This is Carissa's cage, the one I based mine on. The tube is just a drainage tube (or whatever, I'm not exactly sure what they're used for) I got at the hardware store.

Naomi
03-08-07, 07:02 pm
the tube is called big 'O' pipe at our store HTH

catzeye21138
03-08-07, 11:52 pm
Thanks for that post, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it gives me some ideas on saving grids. :)

JarBax
03-09-07, 10:23 am
I think I know the cage you are thinking of - and have searched for it too - but no joy...

A member on here used that kind of piping in their cage, and one of their piggies ripped a toe on the piping. Perhaps it wouldn't be the safest option for your ramp - though I agree that a covered ramp that goes outside the cage is a super idea! Good luck in finding what you're looking for!

Terekins
03-09-07, 01:09 pm
I think I know the cage you are thinking of - and have searched for it too - but no joy...

A member on here used that kind of piping in their cage, and one of their piggies ripped a toe on the piping. Perhaps it wouldn't be the safest option for your ramp - though I agree that a covered ramp that goes outside the cage is a super idea! Good luck in finding what you're looking for!

Really?? Oh no, that's not good. Thanks.

fourbwabbys
03-09-07, 07:03 pm

Yeah, that was my Tarzan. He got his toe ripped half off from the tubing. Either line the bottom with a piece of carpet, or just use a regular ramp.

catzeye21138
03-10-07, 03:51 am
Well thanks for that information! I don't think I'll be using grooved tubing now. Sorry about what happened to Tarzan. :'(

Pepper&Beauty
03-15-07, 02:50 pm
I've never seen that photo but I love the idea..if a ramp was on the outside it could save a lot of floor space?? Maybe you could do something like the tube in the pic but with a ramp??

catzeye21138
04-14-07, 07:52 pm
Well since there isn't red words at the top saying it hasn't been posted in (insert months here) I think it should be safe to post.

I've found what I was talking about:
http://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2339&cat=506&size=medium

Hopefully someone else can get some ideas from it too. :)