Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest in Peace Samwise

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I know I haven't been on here in a very long time, and that most of you probably don't remember me, but I really need to write this.

Today, March 3rd, my youngest guinea pig, Samwise, passed away at only one and a half years old. Sunday night I went downstairs to check on my boys and noticed that Samwise didn't run away from me like he normally did when I approaced the cage(he was still somewhat handshy). When I picked him up, I noticed eye crusties and immediately tried to tell my mother we needed to go to the vet. Of course, the vet wasn't open at the time, so we had to wait until Monday. When we took him into the vet first thing in the morning the vet told me that he had contracted a URI. She prescribed him Baytril, eye drops to clear the crusties, and Critical care, because he wasn't eating. The next three days I took care of him, pulling an all nighter the first night. Well, tonight I got home at 9:45 from a choir concert and went downstairs immediately. I had a feeling in my gut that I did not like. Then I saw him lying there. At first I was overjoyed to see him still breathing. But then I noticed something odd when I picked him up. He was ceizing. I held him until he took his last breath at 10:30. He was one of the cutest guinea pigs I'd ever seen, and I will miss him forever.

katiecavyNC

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear of his passing - RIP...

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss may he rest in peace.

Getting.cavys

Cavy Slave
Aww, thats so awful I'm very sorry for your loss, hope you get better soon.

robinspiggies

Cavy Slave
Sorry for your loss we all know how hard it is. My prayers are with you.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm feeling a little better, even though I've been crying the whole morning. I was holding my two other boys a little while ago, and they seem to be doing fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

cavyowner2007

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss :tombstone
Samewise was a cute little piggy.
May he rest in peace and gross rainbow bridge peacefully.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.