Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Howdy

piggie mommy

Cavy Slave
Hi! I am a first time piggie mommy. Actually the belong to my daughters. I am so glad I found this site. It has been helpful already. By seeing that you can use fleece as bedding (what a money saver) to building your own C & C cage! (hubby will be working on this one)

Thanks in advance for all the good info and help!

piggie mommy

Cavy Slave
HMM I haven't figured out how to edit my posts just yet but if there is a way I will find it.

Anyway I just wanted to add that we have 2 girls. Mama and baby. We have had them for almost a week now. They are seperated and have been since before we got them. We went out and bought them a new cage a bigger one so we could put them together thinking it would be ok. We put the baby in the cage first and then Mama... Baby went after Mama so we seperated them again and still have them seperated. Baby (Tootsie) has been itching a lot lately now too but I really haven't noticed Mama (Patches) itching at all. Could this be stress related for Tootsie? No loss of appitite at all but really isn't in the mood to be pet or handled. Gosh I have read some of the posts on Mites and Lice. now I am starting to get itchy.:crazy:

A couple of more questions.....1) Can humans get the Mites and lice from the piggies. 2) Can Dogs get the mites and lice from the piggies? Or are these parasites that just feed off guinea pigs?
Thank you again for any information you can give.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.