Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Singapore/Malaysia the pet safari problem =(

elisha

Cavy Gazer
hi hi, my name is elisha, i recently went to the Pet Safari at Ikano Power Center, i wanted to buy a guinea pig but i totally changed my mind when i checked their guinea pigs, all of them were LICE INFECTED!! every inch of their skin had lil white lice all over (they look like horrible little sluggish things) and some even had really bad hair loss and scabs =( i do not understand why they don't take proper care of their guinea pigs. Felt utterly frustrated since not THAT MANY petshops in Malaysia actually sell guinea pigs. Im on a small strike agaisnt the Pet Safari, don't think i will be going back there any time soon, they have got tons of nice stuff, they honestly do, lots of choices too. It's a pity they got such variety but don't seem to take care of their own pets, or OUR future pets.. sigh... hope they do something about it soon, can't bare to see the lil piggies suffer like that...:weepy:

Ju-Lian

Cavy Slave
I think I saw the same batch of guinea pigs as you... were they all short-haired brown and black babies mostly? Maybe this is the same reason the whole bunch of them disappeared from the store recently. I was wondering if they got returned to the breeder...?

Regretfully to say, those babies were really really cute. :(

Coincidentally, I was at a Sunway Mas petshop yesterday evening. It's called 88 Pets mart. 88 Marine Aquarium Centre SDN BHD - Treat Your Pet With Respect They have 3 guinea pigs there and all of them looked very very sick. There was a water bottle provided but with NO water inside. Food was scarce also consisting usually of dried litter and pellets. And the floor of the cage of encrusted with weeks old of poo and pee. I was so miffed and went to complain to the cashier. I hope they did something for the pigs, otherwise I pray for a swift painless death for all of them so they don't have to suffer anymore.

Surprising thing was, this was a newly opened petshop. It was previously very well-maintained with healthy looking pets and good reasonably priced supplies. I don't know what went wrong that now it has turned into the hell hole that it is now.

However, this is the only petshop which I've seen selling fancy rats. But then again, you don't know how healthy they are :(

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
I think I saw the same batch of guinea pigs as you... were they all short-haired brown and black babies mostly? Maybe this is the same reason the whole bunch of them disappeared from the store recently. I was wondering if they got returned to the breeder...?

Regretfully to say, those babies were really really cute. :(

Coincidentally, I was at a Sunway Mas petshop yesterday evening. It's called 88 Pets mart. 88 Marine Aquarium Centre SDN BHD - Treat Your Pet With Respect They have 3 guinea pigs there and all of them looked very very sick. There was a water bottle provided but with NO water inside. Food was scarce also consisting usually of dried litter and pellets. And the floor of the cage of encrusted with weeks old of poo and pee. I was so miffed and went to complain to the cashier. I hope they did something for the pigs, otherwise I pray for a swift painless death for all of them so they don't have to suffer anymore.

Surprising thing was, this was a newly opened petshop. It was previously very well-maintained with healthy looking pets and good reasonably priced supplies. I don't know what went wrong that now it has turned into the hell hole that it is now.

However, this is the only petshop which I've seen selling fancy rats. But then again, you don't know how healthy they are :(
I bought my CoCo from 88 marine. Yes, the environment is bad... yellowish water inside the bottle and I don't see any bowl with pellet. But luckily my CoCo is a healthy and active gp

Ju-Lian

Cavy Slave
You're lucky to have gotten CoCo early when they are still relatively fresh from the breeder. If you go for another look at the remaining guinea pigs, you will have trouble holding back anger to see how badly they are being treated. :(

I might be going to KL today to the petshop in Petaling street to look for GPs. Wish me luck. Will update if I find any :heart:

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
You're lucky to have gotten CoCo early when they are still relatively fresh from the breeder. If you go for another look at the remaining guinea pigs, you will have trouble holding back anger to see how badly they are being treated. :(

I might be going to KL today to the petshop in Petaling street to look for GPs. Wish me luck. Will update if I find any :heart:
But Petaling Street petshop environment is even worse...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.