Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C, need some help

guineapigqueen

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I currently have a 5 x 2 cage.
Its split 2x2 for a pair of young boars(this will be extended up over as soon as I sort the girls out) and 3x2 for two adult sows, many not to the size they should be in.
I am looking at adding a 2nd floor, but I would need it to cover the whole 3 x 2 for the adult sows.
I have decided I am going to use a pipe instead of ramp, but my problem is I can only get ahold of the fine mesh grids.

Could anyone help me design the cage give me ideas. I was thinking of cutting a large hole in the corner grid for the tube to access the 2nd level.

How would I gain access to the lower level? I use wood shaving, so I would need a large enough access hole to sweap up the mess.

Thanks Emma

Is it vital to have the top cage cover the bottom one completely? Could you not cover just half of it so you can access the bottom cage for cleaning and catching the piggies? I'm not quite sure how you would manage to clean the bottom if it's totally covered, other than removing the whole top cage which would be too much work to do each time.

Thank you for that. I would prefer it to cover the whole top so they have more space.
See I was thinking of making an upstairs for the boars two so its pointless me using there area on top for the sows to visit.

This is how the cage is, sorry old photo...

C&C, need some help

Emma

How about something like this?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.