Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

PetFoodDirect.com.....aspen bedding?

Sierra

Cavy Slave
PetFoodDirect.com doesn't have any large bags of aspen bedding....do they? I might as well order from ferretstore.com if I can't even get my bedding from them, I would be getting free shipping from either one.

Or, I could get some other kind of good bedding, like Cell Sorb or something, whatever is good that I can get in a good quantity that isn't as expensive as CareFRESH.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

They are both on petfooddirect.com

Sierra

Cavy Slave
How big is what they say it is? Like how long would a 6/1500 cu. in bag or a 1500 cu. in. bag last? And what does it mean by saying 5/1500 cu. in.? It seems like a good price, just how big is it and how long will it last? On ferretstore.com I remember seeing Aspen in 7000 cu. in, and I just didn't see anything that large on petfooddirect.com, or maybe I have, I'm just confused. Huh? lol.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
1500 cubic inches so 1500 cu. in x 6 bags = 9,000 cu. in

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
9,000 cu in/ 12 in = 750
So 7.5 cubic feet

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! Anyone know how long that would last? I might end up getting that, it is more than I thought! So they would actually send you 6 bags of it? To keep it fresher I suppose? I can't think of any other reason they would individually bag it like that and not make larger bags. That's cheaper than ferretstore.com, so I have to get one or two of those, I just need to know how long it will last so we can possibly buy ahead of time for bedding in the future, with this great no shipping.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
And personally (broken link removed) for $19.99 + shipping and handling. Is a bad buy. For only 7.5 cubic feet. I would go to feed store. I get 10 cubic feet of pine for 6.95. And I can get aspen 10 cu. ft. for 9.99

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Sierra said:
Thanks so much! Anyone know how long that would last? I might end up getting that, it is more than I thought! So they would actually send you 6 bags of it? To keep it fresher I suppose? I can't think of any other reason they would individually bag it like that and not make larger bags. That's cheaper than ferretstore.com, so I have to get one or two of those, I just need to know how long it will last so we can possibly buy ahead of time for bedding in the future, with this great no shipping.

Well I have 4 cages and my 10 cu. ft. of pine lasts 6 months to 9 months. So I imagine you are only going to have 1 cage. So I think 10 cu. ft would last you a super long time. Don't know about 7.5 cu. ft though

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I would check out a local feedstore before you buy online. They are much cheaper. Unless you absolutly have to buy online.

Sierra

Cavy Slave
I think it would last me a while, I'll ask my mom about getting a second bag. We don't have aspen at feed stores here, and I definitely don't want to get pine due to problems I have had with hamsters when I didn't know anything about it, so I am going to stay away from pine kiln dried or not.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Sierra said:
I think it would last me a while, I'll ask my mom about getting a second bag. We don't have aspen at feed stores here, and I definitely don't want to get pine due to problems I have had with hamsters when I didn't know anything about it, so I am going to stay away from pine kiln dried or not.
ok just wanted to make sure first.... Well I would go ahead and order it then. It will last you a very long time I believe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.