Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chrysanthemum

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Last night I brought home my newest addition the the herd! I've named her Chrysanthemum, and she is really friendly. She tolerated some brushing last night, and will probably get a haircut tomorrow.

She was from the Guelph Humane Society, which is mostly a cat/dog shelter, in a town about an hour away from here. The local SPCA hasn't had any guinea pigs in a while, and I really wanted a long haired pig. When I saw her listed on the internet, I knew I had to have her!

She is in quarantine now, and will eventually move in with one of my boars after he is neutered.

She is definitely a silkie (sheltie), but I'm still trying to figure out what to call her colour!

Everything is great so far, she's been drinking from the water bottle, eating hay, and ate all the veggies I offered her last night except for red pepper.

Now, what you've all been waiting for..... pigtures!

This is the picture from her listing:
Thumbnail.jpg

Here she is at home:
P2164073.jpg

P2164077.jpg

And after being brushed:
P2164092.jpg

P2164088.jpg

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Wow Sari, she is very beatiful. That is quite the name too. Now Tanuki won't be so jealous of Costanza and his wife lol. Her colouring is very unique, I have no clue what it would called either. Congratulations!

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Precious very precious

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Sari, she is absolutely beautiful! I was reading your thread about her on CC; I knew you would end up naming her Chrysanthemum! What a mouthful! But it's such a pretty name, for a beautiful girl! I'm sure Tanuki will be very pleased to get his weemans. (Just a quick snip snip, first, eh?!)

I'm no colour expert, but she looks like she's definitely got a mix of everything in there! Her face looks kind of ginger agouti or brindled? The colours on her back look tan, slate, and lilac. What a beauty!

cavyowner2007

Cavy Slave
She is gorgoes! Glad to hear you adopted her. =)

Naomi

Cavy Slave
she is beautiful!! what a gorgeous color and coat! congrats to you and Tanuki ;)

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
She is a beauty! I'm sure Tanuki will love her. :)

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! I gave her a haircut tonight, after getting some advice on how to do it. She only had one mat, on her bum, and it was pretty close to the skin. She seemed relieved to get it out, but didn't tolerate much more after that.

Before:
P2174093.jpg

During:
P2174098.jpg

After:
P2174101.jpg

lizzagarcia

Cavy Slave
Wow! What a beautiful GP! She has an amazing color! Also, very good job on the hair cut! She looks great! In the picture from the first post, she had sooo much hair! With or without, she is just soo pretty!

tobisapphos

Cavy Slave
She's beautiful! I love her name too. :)

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Beautiful colour, the grey is slate as she has black eyes, if you're interested.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Chrysanthemum is beautiful! Well done with the haircut! I love those pics!

(I gave Mellow a major cut this morning - her hair was still too long around her rear - after two previous cuts. It is now very short around there - very practical, but not so pretty!)

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh! She is totally a cutie! If I had seen her in my area, I would not have been able to resist getting her either. Congrats!

Steven

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the compliments ont he haircut. I think I might still touch it up - I think I made it longer on one side than the other!

I think I've figured out that her colour is just golden agouti (or dilute agouti). When agouti colouring grows out on a long haired cavy, it looks like streaks of the colours that are in each of the shorter hairs. I'm just not sure exactly which agouti colouring she has.

We had a good bit of lap time this morning. She just pancaked out on my lap while I pet her, making happy burbling noises.

Rachel's Cavy Cove

Cavy Slave
Sari she is just gorgeous! I am so glad you found your new piggie! I know how long you and Tanuki have been waiting. I was going to say that I would consider her golden agouti but I wasn't sure if that applied to silkies or not. Well you made my night knowing that you finally have your pig home. Great job on the haircut too. I love the pic with the hair clips. It made me laugh so much!

FYI...for anyone who lives near Brantford and wants a pair od pigs there are 2 girls named Paisley and Penelope. They look so cute. I would get them myself if I wasn't willing to risk the hubby killing me!

cavyowner2007

Cavy Slave
Love the hair cut. You did a great job!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Wow what a beautiful guineapig!! I love the colorings and everything. She seems like such a sweet guineapig. And her haircut looks very sharp and nice. I'm glad everything is going well and congrats.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Oh my Heavens she is so unique and CUTE!
From her neck to her rear she looks just like Kismet, minus the tan coloring.
His hair is 3 shades of grey, and some white mixed in.

She looks like someone stuck the wrong barbie doll head on the barbie doll body, doesn't she? haha I think that is the best part about her...I love unique pigs.

I need you to share your barbering tips. Kismet's hair is just so out of control, I need to get it to a more manageable state!

Jenah

Cavy Slave
I love the hair cut - esp the "during" photo. Can't help myself she looked all dolled up! :) GREAT job. I have to admit that while I think the hairy guineas are lovely I'm afraid that I couldn't keep up with the hair maintenance!!!

Pymama

Cavy Slave
She is a beauuuuuuuuuty! Love the hair!

I love her name too.....just like the children's book.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.