PDA

View Full Version : What breed of Rabbit do you all have?

Emily F.
09-19-04, 07:05 am
What breed of rabbits so y'all have here?I have a 10 week old, chocolate dutch rabbit, named Molly.

bunnyluv17
09-19-04, 07:29 am
I have a silver netherland dwarf with dark grey markings on his muzzle, ears, and feet. His name is Sterling and he's four years old. I "rescued" him from the SPCA two years ago.

cinn&sprinslave
09-20-04, 06:14 pm
I don't have a rabbit now but did.

He was a netherland dwarf. Orange and copper coloring. His name was Copper. He died in June 04. I have had 10 rabbits over the years.

critter
09-20-04, 07:07 pm
I own a Black and white Dutch mix named Benji!

Sierra
09-20-04, 07:13 pm
I have either a Californian or a New Zealand, maybe one of each, as I have two white rabbits and they look a little bit different from each other, I don't really know.

CritterLuver419
09-23-04, 01:30 pm
I have a female white rabbit with brown spots on back, ears, and around eyes. She is four months old and her name is Tinkerbell:)

Erin8607
09-27-04, 08:16 pm
I have a large mixed breed guy named Big Ben. He's about 10 pounds, I'm not sure how old he is; I got him from the shelter in January 2004.

I had a little Holland Lop from July 2003-February 2004 - she passed away not long after being spayed. She didn't react well to the anesthesia =(

critter
09-28-04, 05:00 am
Oops!! I completely forgot to add, I also have a REW Mini Rex named Mango!!!

spider
09-28-04, 01:30 pm
I have a grey min-rex named Daisy. Hi to all you Canadians.

pigloo
10-10-04, 09:33 pm
We just received a mixed little bunny (part Dutch, part mini-Lop, I believe? But don't hold me to it. I'm only certain of the Dutch part, as I saw her mother, but not her father!) She's black and white, with the cutest little flopped down ears, and 6 weeks old.

CritterLuver419
10-10-04, 09:35 pm
we just got another rabbit who I THINK is a netherland dwarf but she has really poofy hair... so I don't know if it is a mix between dwarf and angora or what lol.

Eminem2004
10-17-04, 03:18 am
he is a cross breed.

catinhat72
10-17-04, 08:41 am
I adopted a little bunny about a month ago after the passing of my black and white dutch. His name is Tater. I believe he's a dwarf hotot. Here's a pic of him. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/cat_in_the_hat72/Picture013_edited.jpg He's got quite a personality and loves to be with his people.

TinaFabulous
10-17-04, 12:22 pm
I had a broken lilac mini rex, and then a black neitherland (dont know if i spelled that right)

Faunn
10-20-04, 09:11 am
I also have a mini rex, brown spotted with white, she is so EVIL! She attacks me when I try to take her out, but I'm ok with it. I alos have a Brittine petite (spelling), his name is Ricky and he is brown with white underneath.

bunnyluv17
10-20-04, 01:05 pm
It sounds like she is territorial about her space. It would help if you allow her to go in and out of her cage on her own. Another thing that would help is to lose the cage alltogether, aggressive rabbits often do better in a large area like a puppy exercise pen (x-pen).

I also have a mini rex, brown spotted with white, she is so EVIL! She attacks me when I try to take her out, but I'm ok with it. I alos have a Brittine petite (spelling), his name is Ricky and he is brown with white underneath.

bunnyluv17
10-20-04, 01:13 pm
Here is a link about understanding rabbit body language
http://rabbit.org/behavior/body-language.html

and here's one on aggression
http://rabbit.org/faq/sections/aggression.html

charliesangel88
11-05-04, 03:51 pm
Hello,

I have a 8 month old netherland dwarf. He is a chocolate or really dark silver martain..we cant tell! I also just had a litter of babies that are 7 weeks old now. I am keeping one and he is a black netherland dwarf!

mncavylover
11-07-04, 02:08 pm
Wow, lots of bunny lovers around here! That's awesome. I've never had one, but I'd love one though! Just saying that I'm impressed by the number of rabbit owners on the boards, that's all. Sorry to get off-topic!

gurlangel16
11-08-04, 01:01 pm
I have two Holland Lops. One is tort colored (brownish reddish tint) and the other is a broken tort (spotted with white). I love them.

Eminem2004
12-13-04, 02:29 pm
my newest bunny is a lop :)

Faunn
12-14-04, 09:45 am
(Sorry for not answering earlier) I can't let her out of her cage because she digs! I used to swap her and the male in an outside area, but she escaped 3 times! I put the rabbits in their cages until its warmer. I already know her warning signs, but thank you for the website anyways.

bunnyluv17
12-14-04, 01:41 pm
What about setting up an area in the kitchen? Or giving her lots of acceptable things to dig/chew? Like a digging box, towel, sandbox, old phonebook, pinecones, etc. Rabbits need daily out-of-cage time to exercise and play, how would you like to be stuck in a closet 24/7?

(Sorry for not answering earlier) I can't let her out of her cage because she digs! I used to swap her and the male in an outside area, but she escaped 3 times! I put the rabbits in their cages until its warmer. I already know her warning signs, but thank you for the website anyways.

Twinkle_Toes
12-27-04, 07:36 pm
We have a 3 yr old chocolate/white Mini Rex.
His name is Cocoa Willy.

charliesangel88
12-27-04, 08:54 pm
Just to update you all the baby black netherland dwarf is now named oliver. He is very happy in his new home with his daddy(charlie) but misses his mommy and sisters. Hopefully though, when he's old enough, he will able to get neutered so they can all play together again!

Patch
01-11-05, 09:20 pm
I have two Mini Rexes, Lilly is my back bunny and Cotton my broken lilac bunny

cavylover
01-12-05, 11:16 am
I have many different breeds.Arragning from Lop to mini lop,Angora to netherland DwarfsRex mix and netherland/Flemish Giants.I am currently trying to find homes for a new litter that came to me.anyways if you want to reply [email protected] If you feel like talking more i have Tons of Pics of cages/bunnies/cavies/mnay different animals.

cavylover
01-12-05, 11:24 am
I had a Flemish giant who would Freak out and grunt at me whenver i went near him.Grunt/Pounce/anything biting everything you can think of he hated to be touched picked uip and everything else.Eventually i gave up after about 6 months of trying.Knowing where he came from.so it all depends try and figure out where she came from before you.Marshmallow was captivated then was let loose and captivated again so i think thats why he was evil.

bluebunny
01-31-05, 04:24 am
I have 3 standad rexrabbits and 1 x breed

Eminem2004
02-25-05, 06:07 am
my 2 are both dawarfs, but esme is a lop. :)

lilliesmomma
02-28-05, 12:39 pm
I have a mini rex named "pupcake". We call him "puppy" most of the time. He is white with black cow-like markings. He has a terrific personality and I discovered recently, by reading some suggested rabbit behavior articles, that he is head over heals in love with me! He loves being under foot and nibbles on my pant leg for attention. He also loves to play "catch me if you can". He has a 3-floor bunny palace to himself. I am looking to adopt a bunny friend for him in a few months. Here is a link to see him...

http://community.webshots.com/user/lilliesmomma

There are some photos from last year with him and his original TINY cage before I built him his palace.

I certainly lucked out with him - he is a loving little guy. Anyone know someone in Southern NH down to the Boston area who has a bunny who needs a home? Let me know... we have plenty of space!

minirex85
03-27-05, 10:19 pm
i have a Min Rex Brown with spotted white name BUNBUN
he a cute

synesthesia
03-27-05, 11:47 pm
Going to pick mine up tomorrow from the ARL. His name is Bernie and they think he might be part Flemish giant because he's a big boy.
*worried*

lilliesmomma
03-28-05, 08:14 am
Try also to not yell at her for protecting her space or herself. Speak to her sweetly. I never force my buns in or out of their cage. If I need them back in their cages if they aren't already there, I lure them with parsley! They come pretty quickly with a sniff of that!

lilliesmomma
03-28-05, 09:22 am
How big does a flemish giant get? I'm sure Bernie will appreciate the new home! Congrats!

My mini rex is the only rabbit I have owned and am unfamiliar with the other breeds. I love the fact that I rarely have 'hair' issues with the mini rex - he's all soft peach fuzz and really doesn't shed much. Puppy was officially weighed at the vet last week... he is 5lbs. His 'castration' (as the vet put it - what an ugly word) went very well and he's been begging to get out of his cage since the anesthesia wore off but the vet said to confine him for 5 days -- he doesn't seem to like this too much.

Going to pick mine up tomorrow from the ARL. His name is Bernie and they think he might be part Flemish giant because he's a big boy.
*worried*

synesthesia
03-28-05, 09:30 am
Yesterday the cage kept falling apart. I was NOT happy about that.
But as soon as I get his supplies today and set them up, I'll pick him up... in the rain -_-
He got neutered yesterday, how should I care for him? *very worried as he is my first bunny*
I think some get about 14 pounds or more, but he's only part, so he might not get any bigger.

lilliesmomma
03-28-05, 09:39 am
How big are standard rexes? Mine is a mini rex 1yr old at 5lbs.

I have 3 standad rexrabbits and 1 x breed

lilliesmomma
03-28-05, 09:44 am
Did you use the cube panels? If so, get some plastic cable ties, this will hold the cage together nicely. They really make the cage strong. Mine kept falling apart until I did this. The round plastic corners don't really hold the wire panels too well.

You may want to put some extra cable ties on the horizontal levels - he's pretty heavy. This will strengthen it. I think the best idea I have seen for different levels was when someone used wire closet shelving cut down to fit the space. This is quite strong. Look at the pictures of other peoples cages. I think this is the best way to determine what you should do.

Mine was neutered at the end of last week. He seemed a bit swollen for a day or two but the swelling has already gone down. After the anesthesia wore off he's acted like normal - he hates being confined to his cage.

Yesterday the cage kept falling apart. I was NOT happy about that.
But as soon as I get his supplies today and set them up, I'll pick him up... in the rain -_-
He got neutered yesterday, how should I care for him? *very worried as he is my first bunny*
I think some get about 14 pounds or more, but he's only part, so he might not get any bigger.

synesthesia
03-30-05, 07:33 pm
Mine learned how to open the cage. He pulled at it with his teeth then nudged it away.
Now i have to block the cage with a chair when I'm not home.

lilliesmomma
03-31-05, 03:16 pm
Mine did the same thing. At first I was using twist ties to 'lock' the cage door. Now I use several Office Binder Clips around the door and it works great! It's too strong of a hold for him to get out.

Mine learned how to open the cage. He pulled at it with his teeth then nudged it away.
Now i have to block the cage with a chair when I'm not home.

samandshawn
04-03-05, 11:10 am
I have two bunnies one is a angora cross hes about 10 months, the other is a lion head hes only 8weeks old and very cute.

kelly*cavies
04-07-05, 07:24 am
we have 12 rabbits at the yfc...but my one is a mini lop with attitude...he's called ash and is a chocolate/ black colour!

Bunny Gurl
04-19-05, 05:20 pm
My sister has a 8 month old rabbit named Patches hes a Harlequin/Lop he is in the house being litter trained.I have a 3 year old Netherland Dwarf named Lightning who lives in the barn only because she fell in love with a Duck name Subation otherwise she would be in the house. Lightning is white with a Black streak

Cavy Tamer
04-21-05, 02:06 pm
What breed of rabbits so y'all have here?I have a 10 week old, chocolate dutch rabbit, named Molly.

I got guinea pigs a few weeks ago, but they're not the companion pets I envisioned. They're more "watch me" pets.

So, I've wanted a rabbit for a long time, but thought maybe they'd be too much work.... but now I'm starting to rethink that premise.

I was thinking about getting a Dutch rabbit... eventually. I think they're really cute, and if I could do it all over again... I would have gotten that instead of two cavies..... but whatcha gonna do...

I would like a rabbit that isn't too small and not too big. I know a Dutch is considered a small size rabbit, but they seem fairly big in pictures. Exactly how big are they? And do they make good companion pets?

bunnyluv17
04-22-05, 01:27 pm
It depends more on the individual personality of the rabbit than the breed. I've heard of Dutches ranging in size from 2-5 lbs. Most rabbits will require you to earn their trust, but once you do they can be extremely affectionate and endearing pets. Definitely research before getting a rabbit, a great place to start is www.rabbit.org (http://www.rabbit.org)

Please adopt rather than buy, thousands of rabbits are euthanized every year. You will have a wide variety of rabbits to choose from at a shelter or rescue, and most rescues/shelters will spay/neuter the rabbit for you. I volunteer at a shelter and we get tons of purebreed rabbits (including lots of Dutches). I know it is tempting to go for the cute little baby rabbit; but you won't know the true personality of the rabbit until it is full grown. If you adopt an adult rabbit, you know what you are getting. Spayed/neutered adults are much easier to littertrain than a baby; and just like other baby animals, baby rabbits are into everything.

Cavy Tamer
04-22-05, 02:04 pm
Well, I thought it would be kind of cool to have a creature with a youthful energy and curiousity about the world in the house...

What do you think? Too naive?

Rachy1412
04-22-05, 02:08 pm
You can get youngish rabbits at shelters too. I don't think that an adult rabbit is easier to have than a baby...

And please don't get me wrong.. I am all for getting animals at a shelter!

Bunny Gurl
04-29-05, 07:38 pm
I had a broken lilac mini rex, and then a black neitherland (dont know if i spelled that right)

HI is lilac really purple what color would that be

bromers
04-30-05, 04:38 am
i have no idea what breed my rabbit is, all i no is it is some kind a dwarf. if anyone could tell me that would be helpful. you will find a picture of him on www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny (http://www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny) . (he is not very good at taking pictures).

bunnyluv17
04-30-05, 06:06 am
Looks like a silver marten. I could only see him from above, Does your rabbit look like this: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3485926&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=42737433734f7493-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

If so then he is probably a silve marten

i have no idea what breed my rabbit is, all i no is it is some kind a dwarf. if anyone could tell me that would be helpful. you will find a picture of him on www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny (http://www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny) . (he is not very good at taking pictures).

bromers
04-30-05, 06:15 am
yes. he looks alot like that, thank you.

lilliesmomma
05-02-05, 09:35 am
Anyone know what breed of rabbit she is? I adopted a female rabbit and am unsure of her breed.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/185751334/336643936xosQzh

Thanks for your help!

bunnyluv17
05-02-05, 12:36 pm
You usually see that pattern on lop ear rabbits
like this one:
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4300774&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=427672ed6566aa85-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Anyone know what breed of rabbit she is? I adopted a female rabbit and am unsure of her breed.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/185751334/336643936xosQzh

Thanks for your help!

lilliesmomma
05-02-05, 12:43 pm
That's interesting! She looks very similar to the lop-eared rabbit, but she definitely doesn't have the lop ears. Hers are straight up.

She is tri-colored: white with brown and grey markings. She is about 6-7lbs.

You usually see that pattern on lop ear rabbits
like this one:
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4300774&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=427672ed6566aa85-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

blue04
05-03-05, 06:49 am
I have two bunnies, a french lop 1yr and a dutch cross 3yrs

http://community.webshots.com/album/260419205ErRzwC

Cavy Tamer
05-10-05, 12:36 am
An 8 week old tortoise male dutch bunny. Extremely cute bunny!

dashtherabbit
05-10-05, 01:03 am
I posted a thread to see if anyone could tell me what my rabbit is, her mother is apparently a dwarf lop, but she doesnt look like one, there are two pictures in my gallery, can anyone help me find out what she may be? thanks :)

glitterbug121
05-12-05, 03:57 am
I have a black and white Lionhead Rabbit Called Milly

dashtherabbit
05-12-05, 03:58 am
glitter, any idea what mine could be?

Daisy Duke
05-29-05, 08:11 am
I love bunnies.

Daisy Duke
05-29-05, 08:11 am
Sorry, I know that was off-topic.

Cavy Tamer
05-29-05, 01:14 pm
Yeah, they're such love bugs. Smart, mischeivous, affectionate... is there a better pet?

Well, guinea pigs are right up there, too.

Cavy Tamer
05-29-05, 01:15 pm
Sorry, I know that was off-topic.

What kind of rabbit do you have? Do you have a picture?

Daisy Duke
05-29-05, 01:19 pm
I don't have a bunny, but I wish I did. Do you have one?

Cavy Tamer
05-29-05, 02:23 pm
Yeah, he's a young dutch buck.

Daisy Duke
05-29-05, 04:40 pm
Cool!!!!!!!

Lyndsay
05-30-05, 07:04 pm
I have a Sable Point Holland Lop doe named Angel.

Daisy Duke
05-30-05, 07:09 pm
Aww... I bet it is cute. Can you post a picture?

Lyndsay
05-30-05, 07:33 pm
Yes, I have 2 that are my favorite:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/51f61737.jpg

And:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/AngelSmudgee.jpg

april
07-21-05, 11:54 pm
I have a black and white otter Rex. She is about 4 months old.

april
07-21-05, 11:55 pm
oh- no, make that 3 months- sorry.

ambernear
07-22-05, 01:49 pm
I have two Holland Lops, Webster (6 years, neutered) and Lucy (4 years, spayed). They were supposed to be playmates, but Lucy likes to try to attack Webster so they have free range time separately. Silly bunnies.

Zeander
07-22-05, 02:53 pm
I had a dwarf black and white bunny when I was younger. She was evil! I feel really bad now though because I see that I in no way provided the type of care that she deserved and she probably wasn't evil (I thought maybe her heritage was inbred too much). I'm sorry Oreo! At least I know better now.

Eminem2004
07-26-05, 02:16 pm
what breed are my rabbits, can anyone help?
both of them (below)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Eminem2004/mypic.jpg
this is harvey (below)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Eminem2004/Rabbits/2.bmp
Esme (below)...the one facing the camara :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Eminem2004/Rabbits/smeandfrosback.jpg

Sara24
07-27-05, 05:38 am
We have just got a 5 month old Silver Fox. :)

Sara

bunnyluv17
07-27-05, 09:03 am
The lop eared one is probably a mini lop or a french lop, depending on the size. Do you know how much she weighs?

what breed are my rabbits, can anyone help?

Eminem2004
07-28-05, 11:58 am
im not sure but i thought she may be a french lop as she is quite heavy...any idea on harveys breed?

thanks

jenny

bunnyluv17
07-29-05, 09:32 am
He could be a lop eared mix

im not sure but i thought she may be a french lop as she is quite heavy...any idea on harveys breed?

snowkittyvt
07-31-05, 06:08 pm
We Have A 9 Week Old Mini Rex She Is All Black And A Doll Her Name Is Baby :)

AngelsCavies
07-31-05, 06:21 pm
Emenem, Looks like a Holland lop mix. My thumper is the same colouring as yours but full blooded holland lop. There is no such thing as mini lop as a breed but can be called that since they are small.

Lilliesmomma, your buns is def a holland lop mix. My Abby is exact same colouring as yours but a lop.

I now have a baby flemish giant her name is SweetPea. Her mom weighed at 17 lbs and still growing. Her dad whom just passed away weighed at 20 lbs and was still growing until he had heat stroke.

We will be getting a few more flemish giants and getting some lionheads once we get our own new home. SweetPea will probably weigh about 22lbs when she is full grown.

Here is SweetPea
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/isaacshavenrabbitry/th_Whaddyalookinat1.jpg (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/isaacshavenrabbitry/Whaddyalookinat1.jpg)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/isaacshavenrabbitry/th_Uhoh2.jpg (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/isaacshavenrabbitry/Uhoh2.jpg)

Bunny Gurl
08-01-05, 10:27 am
I have a netherland Dwarf! named lightning she has a black strip down her back and a white coat. I resuced her from a family that was going to kill her for meat if they couldn't find a home for her.

naturestee
09-19-05, 01:37 pm
Hi, I'm new here. I have a Polish mix named Mocha (from a pet store before I knew better), a Dutch named Loki (from a shelter), and two dwarf hotots that I recently "bought"/rescued from a neglectful owner. Their names Fey and Sprite.

Zeander
09-19-05, 07:38 pm
Hi, I'm new here. I have a Polish mix named Mocha (from a pet store before I knew better), a Dutch named Loki (from a shelter), and two dwarf hotots that I recently "bought"/rescued from a neglectful owner. Their names Fey and Sprite.

What is a "hotots"?

naturestee
09-19-05, 07:51 pm
What is a "hotots"?

There are two breeds of hotots- Blanc de Hotots and dwarf hotots. Both are white with thin black eyebands and blue eyes. Neither are particularly common, especially not the Blanc de Hotot as it's usually not kept as a pet. Mine are dwarfs- their body shape is similar to a Netherland Dwarf.

Zeander
09-19-05, 07:57 pm
I just looked them up on Google images. No offense to anyone, but those big eyes are kinda creepy! Very interesting though.

bunnyluv17
09-20-05, 02:14 pm
I think they're cute, they look like they have eye-liner on

i love piggies
01-24-06, 06:18 pm
I have a few different breeds of rabbits:
-A dwarf x domestic who is blue with a cream ring around his neck
-A dwarf who is pure white he has pink eyes
-A lop eared male I am not sure of his breed, but have been told he is a sable?
-A new zealand giant, dutch colouring
-A mini-lop x dwarf agouti colouring
-A red dwarf
-A rex cross english
-A mini lop agouti colouring
-A little dutch girl
-A lop eared female- not sure of the colouring

Solebomber
01-25-06, 07:40 pm
I have Netherland Dwarfs and Dwarf Hotots.

vegbunny83
01-25-06, 11:16 pm
Aww so much bunny love! :cheerful: I recently lost one of my bunnies, Oreo, who was an 8-year-old full-breed Dutch. She was rescued by me from a neglectful family. My other bunny, Charlie, is 4 years old, and she is a Dutch/Rex mix. :D

Maybe I will post a piccy later!

Peace :heart:
Julie

jzjade
02-06-06, 05:09 pm
I have a flemish giant..Samantha Jane all gray with reddish brown on her neck 13pounds. Ringo Starr dwarf white with black spots 3.75 pounds...Pandora Gabrielle dwarf all black not sure how much she ways lol shes 3mnths old.

Cavy Tamer
02-21-06, 12:27 am
Havana.
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2898/img93441yy.jpg

sweetjay6891
02-28-06, 03:51 pm
I have an albino male bunny thats four years old. I rescue him from a high kill shelter that said a small shelter had him for all his life and nobody wanted him so they wanted him killed. Want to know why nobody wanted him? He has red eyes and i guess alot of people are scared of red eyes. Gosh, how can a rescue do that? Dump off a bunny at a kill shelter because nobody wanted him? He has a great life now. Full of love. To be honest, albinos arent my forst choise but once i say him, i knew he was mine!~ Charlie is his name!~

jzjade
02-28-06, 03:53 pm
I just got a netherland dwarf from a girl who was keeping her outside. So that brings the count to 4 buns

l_eris_l
03-05-06, 12:18 am
I'm glad to see that some people here have larger rabbits!

I have a pure-bred Flemish Giant male, 3 years old, and he weighs 15 pounds. Now I think he's kind of small (considering my Manx cat is 20 pounds), but I've been told otherwise... :)

Any of you with larger bunnies, have you had trouble building a large enough C&C cage? Mine is a bit small I think, especially as he doesn't get as much floor time as I would like, so I was wondering about other people's cages. I am also getting him a female soon, so his cage needs to be expanded to accomodate 2 bunnies.

~Eris~

AngelsCavies
03-05-06, 02:05 am
Wow your flemmie is small for his age. By the time they turn one they weigh already wopping 20 lbs. I had a flemmie who is now 9 mos old and weighs 13lbs and still growing. Usually they stop growing at the age of a year and half usually weighing between 22 to 30 lbs. Now my MeatHead probably will weigh at least 25 lbs when he stops growing.

Is he neutered. He would be one happy bun if he could have a companionship. Now for a recomended cage if he is not out much is at least 2x4 and 2 high with a roof. For 2 buns, depending how much this girl weighs and what breed I would recomend at least 2x8 to 2x10 if you want the cage to be long or you could do a 3x8 or 3x9 if you want to make it more wider. Up to you and depending on how big your place is. You should try and have him out more ofton that you do now. Alot of people get another bun for a companioship.

l_eris_l
03-05-06, 02:38 am
Yes, he is definitely on the small side for his breed. I've read that the minimum show weight for bucks is 13 pounds, so he is on the low end of the scale.

He is the fawn color and it seems like all the fawns I have come across have been on the small side too. It's weird, but the only large ones I have seen in my area are sandy or gray. Just out of curiosity, what color are your bunnies?

No, he is not yet neutered. But he has an appointment in 2 weeks. I've been in contact with a local rabbit rescue group and met a few bunnies that I like and hopefully he will too. They still need to be fixed as well, and one of them is still recovering from being malnourished, then we will try the introductions. But it is probably a month or so away.

Thanks for the cage recommendations. I might end up affixing an exercise pen to the cage to give more floor time. I saw a few cages like that on this site and I liked the idea.

~Eris~

GP_Lover_85
04-12-06, 10:45 pm
I just got a dutch bunny 7wks name is mories

jzjade
04-13-06, 05:39 am
:D I have a flemmie she is alittle over a year old. When we got her they said 8mnths so she would have born in November. Which means she will be 2 then. She weighs 13lbs. It was horrible trying to find a cage. Samantha Jane now has an x-pen.

AngelsCavies
04-13-06, 09:43 am
JZ are you sure she is a flemmie. For being near 2 yrs old she should be well over 20lbs by then. Something is wrong there. My flemmie MeatHead is almost 1 and he is now 19lbs and still growing, my friend has a femail flemmie who is almost 1 as well and is is near 19lbs as well. You might have a mix breed of a flemmie. Could you post a pic of your bun.

jzjade
04-13-06, 09:47 am
Hmm she was just at the vet in january maybe she has gained weight? Post pick here you go.
Samantha
http://s117013885.onlinehome.us/Samantha1.JPG
Ringo
http://s117013885.onlinehome.us/Ringo1.JPG
Teresa
http://s117013885.onlinehome.us/Teresa1.JPG
Connor
http://s117013885.onlinehome.us/Connor1.JPG

jzjade
04-13-06, 09:48 am
Right now Ringo is being treated for head-tilt.

AngelsCavies
04-13-06, 09:55 am
She does look like a flemmie also a mix in her. I am not sure but she does have a flemmie in her. MeatHead's ears were like hers and body as well. But she is beautiful. Aww poor Ringo, he is cute, I know alot of people who have the same breed as ringo with a black dot on his nose as well. They all are sooooooo cute.

VoodooJoint
04-13-06, 10:04 am
That's an awful lot of small cages. Are your rabbits house rabbits and just have their cages as their safe/night spot or do they live in that as their main environment?

jzjade
04-13-06, 10:05 am
He and Conner were both bought at the same pet store (before I knew better). They told us they are dwarfs. We got Ringo July 8, 2005. Conner on January 14. We took Ringo as an emergency visit last Sunday (april2nd). That Saturday we took Conner because he had been sneezing and didn't want to risk it. Samantha was a rescue a friend surprised us with. She didn't know we had bought Ringo the night before. Teresa we got Febuary 22 this year. We were with Conner at Petco getting food. An employee came up to us and asked if we wanted another. :mad: She was being kept outside in the freaking snow. Sorry I still get mad.:mad: It doesn't matter she belongs to us now and we love her.

jzjade
04-13-06, 10:11 am
That's an awful lot of small cages. Are your rabbits house rabbits and just have their cages as their safe/night spot or do they live in that as their main environment?

NO NO!! Sorry no they have new cages. Samantha lives in an X-pen. The pic of Teresa she was in a box while we set up a new cage for Conner. Teresa is now in the cage that you see Sam in. They have litter pan, toys, and, food dish each. They are able to run around and stand straight up. Pics are not the best took them with my phone.

Californiagirl
04-13-06, 05:54 pm
I have two boys. A holland lop and a siamese sable.

Cavie Cove
04-14-06, 12:04 pm
I have two boys. A holland lop and a siamese sable.
I thought one was a boy as you were asking for donations to help get her spayed?:confused:

Macayle
04-14-06, 06:18 pm
I thought I had one of each.But the vet confirmed they are both boys.Its ok no one donated anyway.

gold-guinea
04-18-06, 02:54 am
I have a cute gray miniture dwarf lop and a brown dwarf their SO cute!
:heart: :p

RabbitLuver1
05-04-06, 06:36 pm
I have a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit named Thumper. He has grey and white markings. Thumper has a brother named Jiggz and he also has grey and white markings exept darker.

aml1676
05-05-06, 11:36 am
All of my bunnies are rescues, so weren't selected because they were a special breed, but because of personality. That being said, I have...

1 black/white "broken" mini-lop, Angus (who insists he is NOT broken!)
1 fawn mini-lop/french lop mix, Hazel (more mini than french)
1 fawn/lilac mini-rex, Madeline (The Pwincess)
1 white w/ black "trim" English Spot mix, George

I also have 4 dwarf mix fosters... we don't know exactly what they are, but probably some kind of satin mix. A couple of them have agouti coloring (they look like wild bunnies, except one of them is a VERY dark brown agouti), one is a beautiful blue/gray, and the last is all black with a white spot on her nose and one front paw. They're too cute!

That's one of the coolest things about being involved in rabbit rescue... I've had everything from a tiny Netherland Dwarf boy with Californian coloring, to a beautiful big Giant Chinchilla girl. All with wonderful, distinct personalities :-)

Night
05-11-06, 11:29 am
I have a black-and-white Dutch girl who's turning 14 years old next month. Her name's BunBun :)

Carlie Rose
05-15-06, 03:09 pm
I have two female Netherland Dwarfs, both 7 years old and sisters.:) Molly is an opal color and Dolly is and orange/copper with brownish ticking (not sure what color that is called) They're adorable but quite shy.

Myspoiltpiggies
05-17-06, 10:25 am
I just got a buck like... 6 weeks ago. He is a black & white (butterfly?) mini lop! He is soooo gorgeous, and so affectionate.

suzilovespiggie
05-20-06, 01:10 pm
I just got a bunny last month. He is a fuzzy lop. He is about a year old and his name is Jamie Fuzzy Wuzzy. His coloring is gray and white. He's very tame and friendly. He gets nutered next week and after a few weeks will start looking for a friend.
He is not from a pet store. A teenage girl who had used him for show, did not want him anymore. She asked me if I wanted him so I took him.

Squeals4Meals
05-24-06, 04:51 pm
My first rabbit I got when at a little over 6 weeks from my dad's friend. He was a very smart Hotot? called Oreo. You could let him out during the day and no matter where he was in the house he would return to his cage to potty. He died and I went through years with hamsters. After my last most beloved hamster, Ruby, died, I got another rabbit 8 months later. This guy is a blue dutch pattern called Savage, Sav for short. He has a bigger cage that is tall and goes their at night and to potty, although he only sometimes forgets to poo in there he always pees in his litter box.

suzilovespiggie
05-26-06, 07:01 pm
Well I now have rabbit number 2. I got Jackie, who is a Holland Lop from the Humane Society on Weds. She was just spayed so after she heals she will become friend to Jamie Fuzzy Wuzzy. She is a tan and white. She's a very pretty bunny. The Humane Society said the family that had her didn't want her anymore. So she is now part of my family.

charliesangel88
05-28-06, 07:16 pm
I posted on this thread over a year ago!! Well, quite a bit has changed since then!!

Now I have:

1 Netherland Dwarf (Oliver)
1 Holland Lop (Blaise)
1 Mini Lop (Daisy)

lol lol lol

wheeker
05-30-06, 01:54 pm
I currently have one bunny. He is albino, thats all I know about him. I used to have two bunnies. We first got Picky (Picky is short for Piccasso) and we dicided to get him a friend. We adopted Louisa but after a year or so she got very sick, and we had to put her down.:( Now we just have Picky, a spoiled little house bunny, he's like a cat. He goes in a litter box and everything hahaha.

boricuaqueen327
06-24-06, 09:14 pm
I have a Standard Rex. She is 8 months old and is castor colored.

AngelsCavies
06-24-06, 09:19 pm
There is no such thing as an albino rabbit, guinea pigs. The only animal you see that are albinos are rats, dogs, and cats.

naturestee
06-25-06, 11:04 am
There is no such thing as an albino rabbit, guinea pigs. The only animal you see that are albinos are rats, dogs, and cats.

Actually, that's not true. It's just that albino rabbits are usually referred to as REW- Red Eyed Whites. An albino animal is one with no pigmentation, including the eyes which usually look pink. Albinism occurs in all sorts of animals, including ferrets, squirrels, horses ("true" white as opposed to light gray horses), and humans.

jzjade
06-25-06, 11:05 am
Cool. I didn't know that.

AngelsCavies
06-25-06, 11:08 am
Oh, Hi Naturestee, it is Angel(SweetPeasMommie) Thanks for pointing that out. I guess my brother in law did have an albino cause he was all white with one pink eye and one purple eye. I think he was a flemmie cause he was pretty big too.

Hi there.

TipiDancer
06-25-06, 12:00 pm
I used to have an albino cat. IT was white with a green eye and a pink eye. It only had 2 toes on its front foot. He died :(

Birdeye723
08-15-06, 01:41 am
At the moment I have one rabbit named Allister. He is a male Rex as far as I know, I don't really know his color or if he is a mini rex or a regular sized one but I love him to death and he has an amazing personality.

The grey rabbit in the thumbnails is Smokey, she passed away last year. She was a Siamese Smoke Pearl Netherland Dwarft, she was a big one though. She was my baby and I miss her alot.

kangajane
08-22-06, 11:25 am
We have a bonded pair of bunnies. Toby is an all black mini-lop. Lizzy is a harlequin mini-rex. Her coloring is a mottled tan and gray and her fur is softer than the softest velvet. Lizzy was adopted from a local rabbit rescue. We took Toby on a blind date to meet the lady rabbits there and it was love at first sight. They are devoted to each other.

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/8121/mybunniesbu1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sweetjay6891
08-22-06, 12:18 pm
I have a 18 pound Big Flemish White Giant with red eyes . Rescued him from my local shelter. Was there for 4 years because alot of people were afraid of his "evil" looking red eyes . His name is Charlie. Hes about 6 years old. He the most nicest rabbit ever. I cant believe no one wanted him :(

SkinnyPiggys
08-22-06, 01:41 pm
I have Leo an 11 month old Lionhead rabbit that I rescued from a breeder that was going to "cull" him (which actually means kill with a hammer). He is not "show quality" as he is black with a white nose and 1 white foot.

I also rescued 16 English Angora rabbits about 3 months ago from a nightmare situation. I have found great homes for all but 3 now. They are such sweeties!

All of my buns are spayed/neutered and litter box trained. They also have the run of most of our house. I have had rabbits in my life since I was 12 years old. So far my oldest lived to be 14 years old!

jam224
09-03-06, 01:36 am
We have 2 bunnies, both Mini Rexes and both are about 2 and a half years old.

This is Bender. He's a blue (charcoal gray in color) Mini Rex and we adopted him in Jan. of 2006.
http://photos-422.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v13/222/78/54800271/n54800271_30079422_6135.jpg

This is Lily. She's a broken black Mini Rex and we adopted her in Feb. of 2006.
http://photos-467.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v13/222/78/54800271/n54800271_30079467_5676.jpg

They're both neutered/spayed and we're in the process of bonding the two. :heart:
http://photos-540.ak.facebook.com/ip001/v12/222/78/54800271/n54800271_30088540_3081.jpg

No images can be used without consent from original photographer 2006 jam224, All Rights Reserved.

popcornsmom
10-05-06, 11:47 am
I have two rabbits. One is a chocolate himalayan named Marshmallow. We rescued her off the side of a road she is 3 years old. My other rabbit is a 10 month old chocolate self chinchilla mini rex named Pumpernicle. Both are female.
This is Pumpernicle
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/bunny_girl_/Picture040.jpg
This is Marshmallow
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/bunny_girl_/Picture037.jpg