Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C & C Cage Problems!

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
I must live in the worst part of the country ever, on top of the never ending snow we have had for the past two weeks, I cannot find cubes for my cage anywhere. This is crazy, I can't afford to pay the outragous shipping charges, but it seems like no place in MO carries these cubes anymore. Help!

JenniferH

Cavy Slave
Can you call around and see if a store can special order them? Or, if you have a Sam's Club or Costco or someplaace similar, they can proabably order them from the warehouse and you can pick them up at the store.

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
I have looked around and i can get them shipped to wal mart stores with no shipping, but it can take up to 15 days to get them and I need them sooner rather than later. I have to go to the city on Monday, so I was hoping someone on here would have seen them in the Kansas City area. If not i will just order them and sit and wait and be unhappy.

Cavy Ema

Cavy Slave
Most Wal-Marts around the Missouri/Arkansas border carry them. Depending on which part of Missouri you're from.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Have you checked out these pages?

(broken link removed)

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
Yes. I live in central MO there isn'tanything there for here, I refuse to believe I am the only person around with a pig passion.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
If all else fails wire storage shelving that you can get at any Lowes, HomeDepo and most Walmarts works really well. It's what I use for my cage.

If you buy it at a home improvement center they will cut it to size for you for free.

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
If you don't mind my asking, what size is your cage and howmuch did it cost? I am on a pretty slim budget.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I am lucky. I have a couple of building recycling centers near me and was able to pick up scraps of the shelving, more then enough to build my cage, for $5. New it will cost considerably more.

If you are looking to pinch pennies then you may want to build your sides out of Hardware cloth. Here is a thread where I was helping someone else with the same idea. My post about hardware cloth and links to pictures of it in use start at post 10 https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/24237-piggy-habitat.html?

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
So I found some after calling wht seemed like every store in the KC region. They were at target.

RustBucket

Cavy Slave
Okay after your pictures we are thinking of building that instead, the only question is do the piggies chew the wood?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.