Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Building new cage- Any ideas?

saturn_power

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I am going to re do my 2*4 cages and I was wondering if you had any ideas on wht I could do? There is no maximum on cubes I could use as I have an endless supply. I have looked through the photo galleries and have loads of ideas but I was wondering if any abody had some cool ideas?

JarBax

Cavy Slave
How many pigs do you have? I think you have boys and girls (?) - if so you will need separate cages. What bedding are you planning on using?

Are you limited by space? If not - the sky's the limit! Make your cages as big as you can - and definitely add a loft - or two!

Once we find out a few more details, we can give you more detailed ideas!

saturn_power

Cavy Slave
I have two boys and two girls. I was thinking of cages built onto shelving units as I haven't got much floor space. I am either going to use megazorb or fleece, but most likely megazorb seems i use that for my rabbits.

saturn_power

Cavy Slave
And they will be in a heated garage as we are moving house and need to clear the house out. But when we get to our new house they will be back indoors.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I reckon you will either have them in a divided cage/a stacked cage, or in two completely separated cages - what are your thoughts?

I still think (most) pigs love a loft. It is like having another cage altogether - and you can make it into either a kitchen or hay loft area, or a bedtime, fleecey snuggle area. If you are using megazorb - it would be great for them to have a comfy fleecy area - and up a ramp - they are less likely to bring the megazorb up with them! You could also make bunks or half levels with your extra grids.

saturn_power

Cavy Slave
I suppose if I went for the shelving cages i could try and make a sperate level, or I could put them on tables instead i.e girls on one table, boys on the other, then they can have a loft or two.

AmyDepp

Cavy Slave
You could build a 5*3 with 2 levels- 1 for the boys and 1 for the girls. posibly adding a loft in each.
Good Luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.