Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Buying C&C cages in the UK!

pocoyo

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

Today I was out shopping and wondered into my local B&Q superstore (in the UK). Where I found a set of 24 C&C cage grids with 28 connectors for £9.99 on special offer (RRP £19.99).

I thought it was such a good bargin that I bought 3 packs to super-size my guinea pig Cage. Below I've put details for anyone who wants to go hunting for a cage in the UK.

B&Q price: £9.99 (Sale price) RRP: £19.99
Name: 6-Cube Mesh Storage Unit by SLEMCKA
Bar code number: 5015772193169

I hope this helps anyone in the UK struggling to buy affordable C&C cage grids.

Thank you - Pocoyo.

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Thanks for posting this and JarBax for copying it into the other thread!
They were on a top shelf and apparently they couldn't be bought down on the fork lift thingee for Health and Safety reasons :sarcastic So had to go back a couple of days later and collect them. But anyway, I managed to get two boxes of cubes for £20 which is good, now I just need to figure out a new cage design!
I think they're only stocked in the big "superstores" as the smaller ones near here said to call the bigger shop in Gloucester.

wheek

Cavy Slave
ATTENTION!!! i went to order these from my local b&q because no where in northern ireland stocks them and they charged me £2 each.... i did not print that wrong... £2... so i bought 3 sets and i think when they come in ill buy some more, just so i have them if anyone needs them!!! im so chuffed!!! :crazy:

Gembug

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

I'm so glad that I found this thread!

I'm also having probably finding those cubes over here in the UK.

I'm based in London and my B & Q can order that barcode in but I just wanted to check are theses just silver or white coloured cubes, or soes it come in a multicolured pack?

Also do they come in just one size?

I'd appreciate any help.

I'm eager to get the indoor as well as the outdoor hutch set up and comfy before I go ahead and adopt my piggies.

Thanks
xgemzx

funkydog3000

Cavy Slave
I went to my local B&Q and they said they don't stock it but they can try and order it for me, when they checked the price on the computer it was only 50p! I would have ordered loads but the assistant said that I'd have more chance of getting them if I only ordered a few since there probably aren't many left so I only got 4.
They said that the store in Edinburgh stocks them, so if they cant order them in I guess we're taking a trip there :D (hehe my poor dad gets to drive me all the way)

wheek

Cavy Slave
they are just in silver and are all the one size....

i ordered 3, theyve not come in yet right enough but if they do i might order some more.... ;)

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Do you think they still have some if I asked my local B&Q to order them =S xx

Treacle

Cavy Slave
What about the Chloroplast/correx? I am looking for it on the internet but they only sell huge amounts. i live on the Isle of man so not easy to find :sad:

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Where have you found that sell large sheets? My problem is no-one sells sheets big enough for the cage I'm building :(

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Got mine on eBay, as nowhere local had them atall (I tried all the signmakers etc - they sounded completely blank!)

Treacle

Cavy Slave
I have seen the on Ebay and they sell packs of ten! i just don't need so many. i wish someone woukld sell the C & C cages ready to go!

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
My mum found grids in the UK the other day, the mesh ones and they are pink! yay!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Treacle - I had to buy a pack of ten too, though it has come in handy for extentions etc. It might be worth your while contacting the owner )especially if it is a commercial project) to see if they'd consider selling you less.

I thought I had a good link for coroplast on eBay - can't find it - will try to get it for you again.

Nev - PINK GRIDS??? :D From where?

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
From Focus - Mum just tild me that the whole Focus stores are shutting down! :(

Treacle

Cavy Slave
Jarbox, I might aswell buy the ten pack and keep some for future extensions, etc. I am going to try and find a Focus store on the net for the grids, someone sells them on ebay too.

By the way,, the pigies live on the floor now (so I can't put wood shavings I have to trust the peein where i put a mat and have to clean all the time..), since I started coming to this pages i ditched the store cage!;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.