Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What kind of hay?

Sierra

Cavy Slave
What kind of hay should I be looking to get for new guinea pigs? I am assuming they would be under 1 year old, so I should be getting Alfalfa, right? Or should I just get Timothy and feed that to them the rest of their lives? Would mixing in some other kind be okay as well?

Sierra said:
What kind of hay should I be looking to get for new guinea pigs? I am assuming they would be under 1 year old, so I should be getting Alfalfa, right? Or should I just get Timothy and feed that to them the rest of their lives? Would mixing in some other kind be okay as well?
you can give them timmy, and if its from kleenmam's, you can mix the timmy with bluegrass. if they are under a year, they can still have just timmy, as long as they are on alfalfa pellets

Okay, thanks. I think alfalfa will be easier to find, I'll just have to find a small bale of it from a farmer around or something. Then I'll get timothy.

Alfalfa until about 6 months, and I would totally recommend (broken link removed) hay. Cheaper, easier, no gas or time wasted, not supporting a pet store, and better service. More hay, too! Great quality stuff.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.