Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Try the baby section!

Terekins

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to mention that the baby section in department stores can be a great place to find guinea accessories. The other day I found a head holder thing (I think its original purpose had something to do with a car seat) that serves perfectly as a cozy. I also found nice colourful rings that hook together, perfect for hanging in the cage so the pigs can knock them around with their noses. They also had really nice small fleece blankets, and various other snuggly cuddly things pigs might like.
Tere

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave
Also baby keys(plastic) are a big hit. Oko and Hamilton like to grab them in their teeth a throw them around. It's cute!

Lbooch

Cavy Slave
Awwww, that sounds cute. Thanks for the tip.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I buy my piggies stuffed animals from the baby section at the dollar store. They're safe and easy to replace!

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave

Cavy Ema

Cavy Slave
That is the best idea! I have all kinds of stuff left over from my son's floppy head stages! I'm sure Isis will love it!

Terekins

Cavy Slave
Baby head rests do make great pig beds. Here's my Roxie curled up on the one passed down from my youngest.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6122

I also used the wedgie that used to be in the crib to keep the baby sleeping on her back in the cage. Cloudy and Roxie rarely used it, but Gracie loved it, so it went off with her to her new home.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6123

Aw! Great pictures :)
You know I've been having a difficult time finding guinea pig accessories in pet supply stores/pet sections of department stores. There are lots of things for cats dogs and hamsters, but not much for these guys. I've been looking in hardware sections lately too, which are great for pvc pipes (or is it pcv?). O well, it's probably cheaper to shop in these places for pet supplies anyway.

Jenah

Cavy Slave
GREAT ideas guys - thanks!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hey those are some neat ideas. I would like trying to plastic keys and getting some stuffed animals. Now for stuffed animals they can't have the beads right?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.