Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Taping sheets together

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I had just recentley made a 2x6 cage... the 4x8 sheet was too small for anything else. Well, I am going to have about 6 or 7 piggies in there soon, and I'm going to add another 2x6 to it. I want to go wider. But, should I just make doorways for them to go through or should I cut out one whole side of the cage I already made? Also, will it be hard to tape together? Will it leak? I have never attached these cages together, and was just wondering. Thanks,

Amanda
RubyPiggie2

**C&C cages Rule!**

Treen

Cavy Slave
I joined two cages together and cut out the sides so they came together in an L shape. I left some extra coroplast/ correx so there was a bit of an overlap and joined it together with packing tape. It was absolutely fine - held together well and didn't leak at all.

I'd definitely cut the whole sides out rather than making doorways - otherwise they can't use the space as well for running laps etc.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree with Treen, if you do the doorways, it's almost like two seperate cages connected. I've taped coroplast together, and there was no leakage at all. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.