Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want to adopt female in San Diego area!

kathieca

Cavy Slave
I am looking for a friend for my piggy, Molly. We live in the San Diego area and if anyone knows of young female that needs a good home, Molly and I would be interested in meeting her!

Kathleen

CritterLuver419

Cavy Slave
there are a ton of Guinea Pigs at this site... (broken link removed) under Small and Furry, Guinea Pig, and San Diego, CA. One pigger's name is Valentine. Here's her website: (broken link removed)=. I hope this helps!

.::.::.::.::Angie and Everyone::.::.::.::.

Last edited:

CritterLuver419

Cavy Slave
and there is one in the classifieds... (broken link removed)

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Look at www.petfinder.com search, and adoptables under classifieds. Also check (broken link removed) classifieds, and the rescue list. Check for local humane societies and shelters in the yellow pages or on google. Good luck, and I'm glad you're adopting!

sickofchange320

Cavy Slave
My dad doesn't want me to keep my guinea pigs anymore, I'm so sad. There's still a chance I can persuade him, so nothing's affirmative though. I live in San Diego and I have 2 young females and If I can't keep them anymore would you be able to take them?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Why are you having to give them up?

sickofchange320

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Why are you having to give them up?
I have to give them up because I will be living at my dad's for half the week and at my mom's for half the week and my dad doesn't want to take care of them when I'm at my mom's. He says he'll be able to feed them but he says they need social interaction also. I told him he won't have to interact with them but he says he doesn't want them to just sit there. I'm still trying to persuade my dad to keep them though. I can't keep them at my mom's because we have dogs and rats and she doesn't want more animals! I don't want to give my guinea pigs up because I love animals and I could never part with them!

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
your dads right - they will need social interaction every day of their lives. could you build a cage in both your mom and dads house so you could take them back and forth. It seems like this would work, unless the constant change unsettles the pigs. how far away are the two houses?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That would stress the pigs a ton every week. I understand how hard this must be for you. *hug* I really think you're awesome to realize that this is the best for your pigs. I hope you ifnd a home soon! Be sure to do a check-up or two afterward--people can lie or get lazy.

sickofchange320

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the support. It's really hard for me to give them up. My parents' houses are about an hour apart, but as mncavylover said, it would really stress them out. If anybody knows of someone who wants and could take care of two guinea pigs in the San Diego area they can e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks for the help

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
sickofchange, post an ad on petfinder. pets on there almost always get adopted. i know from personal expierience of several piggy posters adopting their guinea pigs out to families within 24 hours of a post.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You can also post on (broken link removed). Just make sure to delete when they are adopted, as people will otherwise waste their time and yours by calling.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.