Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Anyone used Hammocky Hammocks?

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I found this site, who make the most amazing looking hammocks - donating the profits to small animal rescue.

(broken link removed)

I just wondered if anyone had used or heard anything good/bad about them - before I place my order. (If hear nothing soon - will probably place my order anyway, and let you all know what I think!)

spice_the_aby

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
no , but i looked at the site and there gorgeous

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
Thanks for that link! i haven't tried them but i think i will now they look great!!! :cheerful:

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave
Do you think they ship to the U.S.?

MilwCavyMom

Cavy Slave
They are too cute, I just don't know if my pigs would get in to them or not.

magicroundabout

Cavy Slave
yeah thats what i was thinking! but i think i might give it ago!

and replying to sweetjayim not sure because they are fundraising products, but it is worth emailing them to find out!

pignewton

Cavy Slave
It says to contact them regarding a quote for shipping outside the UK so I think they do ship to the states.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I just ordered my first hammocky hammock!

My girls already have a hammock - but it doesn't really fit where i've put it - so they just like to lie under it - infact they LOVE to lie under it! I have ordered a corner one (in pink), which will fit the space much better. When it was in a better position, they loved to lie in it - that is why I am keen to get another!

Will let you know how it fairs when it arrives (could be 10 - 14 days, as they are hand made to order), and will post pics if successful!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
They look adorable. Please do keep us updated, especially on how they do in the wash.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I sew my own but I have never thought of making a corner one! My pigs get in them and lay under them, but i think the corner one would be easier for them to get in and out of. Let us know if you get one. I would love to order one and give myself a break from hand stitching.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
The hammock arrived on Thursday! I have to say that I am well impressed! Not only did it just take days to be made, and delivered, but the attention to detail, and craftsmanship are superb!

IMG_1728.jpg

I chose pink and pink - though there was a great range of colours and pattern to consider.

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

I liked the corner design, and it fits in well (I went for the 'medium' size).

IMG_1733.jpg

With all profits going to small animals in need, it is a fiver well spent! (There goes the last of my birthday money!)

Couldn't recommend the service etc more highly - the parcel is small and light in weight - I can't imagine it will cost much to post to the US/out of the UK.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I emailed them and they said shipping is included in the over seas price. What a deal! You also request custom fabric. They were so nice when I emailed them, I am going to have to place an order!

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
On a different note, I love your fleece JarBax. So cute!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Howie, I am thrilled that they include the price of shipping and that you are going to order! What are you going to choose?

Thanks BeckyBoo - the fleece was sent from an American member on here! :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm contemplating going back to fleece for my bedding, so I may have to order a few corner hammocks. They are so cute and will give a nice variety when I mix them with the cuddle cups I already have.

Is that the medium or large corner hammock JarBax?
EDIT: Nevermind. I reread and saw that you bought the medium. It's an off Saturday at work for me.

Last edited:

thalestral

Cavy Slave
Wow the hammock looks excellent :) I have one large hammock already that a friend of mine in the US made for my girls but I think I'll be getting a corner one for them too.

The corner beds look good too though I'm not too sure how big they are, might e-mail about that.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I am getting the sheep-they are just too comical. I was told by them that the medium would fit one pig great, but she uses the large in her cage and 2 of her pigs snuggle in together. I love the frog fleece too. I just bought a similar print at Jo Ann's yesterday.

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
Since we seem to be on the subject of fleece, I was just wondering where everyone gets theirs and where seems to be the cheapest and still supply good quality fleece. I'm thinking of switching to fleece, but I don't want to spend a fortune.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Howie - Yayyy! I am thrilled you are going to order a hammock - I swithered over the large size - might be tempted to order one too! Make sure you post pics on here once you've got it! (Love the sheep too!)

BeckyBoo - I have bought good fleece blankets from both Tesco and Au Naturalle - the latter sell double bed sized blankets for no more than a tenner. I have also bought fleece from a local haberdasher (it is sold off the bale, so you can order a more exact amount).. Ikea sell it too. Check out this thread for UK based resources:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/uk/23960-uk-resources.html

BeckyBoo

Cavy Slave
How is your hammock going JarBax? Was just wondering if your pigs use it. I'm thinking of getting one. And a corner bed. And a Slumber Tunnel... I might just buy up their entire range!

Also, I am hoping that once I have made my C&C cage they might make me a 'carpet' for it with layers of fleece and towels. My pigs are going to be soooo pampered!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.