Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hagrid's passing

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave
Last night I noticed Hagrid was doing really poorly. His breathing was labored and he was coughing and sneezing. I moved him into a clean cage (small store bought I use for quarintine) and gave him fresh food, hay, fruits and veggies and fresh water in a clean bottle. My dad was going to take him to the vet today while I was at school. This morning, around 7, I was getting ready to leave and I looked over at him and he seemed a little better. I walked into the bathroom to put my hair up and when I came out he was gone. I miss him soooooo much. I can't belive he's gone. I feel responsible because I didn't think to take him to the vet sooner. I will always love him. THe other boys went to the vet today (I went too, I couldn't face school) and are on pnumonia preventatives, because that's what killed Hagrid. I am adopting 2 other boys from CAP today hopefully, Harry hasn't ever liked only having one cage mate, so 3 should keep him happy. I've cleaned, disinfected (with vinager), and expanded the cage to fit the band of boys I will soon have. I know it seems soon to be getting 2 more, but if I don't now, I don't think I'll have the strength to later.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Re: Hagid's passing

I'm so sorry for your loss...I know how hard it is to lose the ones we love. Just know that I'm thinking of you while you go through this hard time. I hope the new guinea pigs can ease your heart somewhat, although, I know they will never replace Hagrid.

TNpigowner

Cavy Slave

From one "hagrid' owner to another- I'm so sorry about your loss. :(

Our thoughts go out to you.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave

So sorry to hear about your loss. I commend you for opening up your heart so soon to two other boys, I'm sure they will appreciate the wonderful home that Hagrid left behind.

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave

I can't belive he's really gone. The new boys are home, but i havn'e held them since they got here. I just keep crying. I loved him so much, it's just not fair.

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave

Hagrid is in my new avatar :weepy:, and that's me with the stupid snowflake headband.

confuzioncity

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear about this! You will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Colleen

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.