Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking for Sow in MN or WI

Status
Not open for further replies.
TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Allysse

Cavy Slave
I have given some of the JPGPR adoptables on my thread. Here are some in the shelters:

Adopt-A-Pet-Inc
Buffalo MN
Whistler

Hmm. Very interesting. This is the only female up for adoption in MN! Ha! None at Tri-county, Animal Humane Societies (Coon Rapids or Golden Valley), Paula's Pigdom, or any on Petfinder (besides Whistler).

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Check (broken link removed) classifieds and rescue listings, www.petfinder.com search and adoptables under classifieds, and do a google search for a humane society (there is one in St. Paul and Woodbury if you want to come here!) or a shelter. Good luck!

TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
Paula's Pigdom had 4 surrenders last night. I do not know the ages, sexes, colors, or breeds.

TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
Paula's Pigdom does not have a website...but they do have a petfinder page: (broken link removed)

The surrenders were:
1 male (neutered) and 1 female
1 male (neutered) and 1 female

The females are abys, one of the males is short hair, and the other male is a silkie. These pairs will probably stay together so you'd have to do a trio if you wanted to go that route.

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
Hi! I've been posting around the adoption part of the forum a bit and thought I might start a thread. I'm looking to pair up my sow at home. I'm planing on building a C&C cage or something similar. I live near rochester minnesota. We absoultly love and adore or little girl and want to get her a friend. It's a very pig-friendly home with no indoor cats or dogs. I'm actually a virtual-schooled student so i have plenty of time to give the little babies the time they deserve. If you have a Sow that needs a home I would really like if you'd reply or email me the details ([email protected]). Thanks so much!
tina
Just a question what is a virtual schooled student? It sounds awesome!

TinaFabulous

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
Its like being homeschooled except I techanically belong to a public middle school. I meet up with my teacher every other month and I go online everyday to see what I should do that day then do it. I love it, its so great, I get to be home all day as I do school then when im done Im free to do whatever. The virtual's base school is not in my area of the state so I had to open enroll then i was in. If you want to read anymore about it check out www.k12.com and click on virtual acadimy or sommin like that. I wake up take care of my chores go to school practice my flute and usually not any longer than 5 hours, let me know if you have any questions... I'm an 8th grader this year and this is my first year out of a normal public system and this is so much better! I was wondering, are most of you guys still in school?

Ok I will read that site, I sent you a pm (read it lol). That is so awesome! I like the sound of virtual schooling totally awesome!!

TinaFabulous

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
ya I got to go to sleep so i can wake up on my own tomorrow (another perk of va)

nite,
Tina
Thanks for the info, I sent ya another pm.

TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
The lack of females is a rare occurance. In the time frame you're looking at there are bound to be females available at the shelters. Do you want to be put on a rescue list of MN owner surrenders? Or do you want to wait for the shelters? There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in less than a week there will be at least one sow in the shelter

Allysse

Cavy Slave
Don't feel bad for the petstore pigs. Both scenarios are harsh, but you'll find that you'll be happier to provide a home to a pig that really needs it. Pet store pigs have good exposure and will be purchased. Not all petstore purchases end in disaster. You are walking proof of this. If you're going to feel bad for a pig, it's the ones in the shelters you need to feel bad for.

TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
When an owner wants to surrender, but the rescue doesn't have room to take it, the JPGPR will send out an email giving a description of the pigs and such. Then you contact either JPGPR or the owner depending on what contact information was given. It would be up to you to coordinate getting the pigs if you were interested.

Yes, please do wait for a shelter pig. There are far more reasons to adopt than to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.