Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hawaii?!?!

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hi everyone,
I am a newbie (to this site; not to piggies) and I was wondering if there were ANY piggies avaliable in Hawaii? We only have the local Humane Society (and pet stores, but I prefer to adapt unwanted piggies), but they rarely get piggies in.

I am currently looking for a couple of piggies that need new homes. I have a 'fixed' peruvian male and a lilac short haired female. Both are very sweet and are very social (and vocal)! They are looking for more friends, so if anyone is from Hawaii (preferably O'ahu; but elsewhere is fine) or knows of anyone from Hawaii who has guinea pigs that need a home, P-L-E-A-S-E let me know.

Lianne (and an anxious Starbucks and Pooh)
[/font]

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I should also mention that I have searched everywhere on the internet and called up almost all the pet stores/vets/shelters on this island and can't find any guinea pig breeders. There is only one lady who sells skinny pigs for like $115 - $130!

So anyone from Hawaii please write back.
Lianne

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Well, I can tell you that I'm not from Hawaii, but I think I may have something to help.

Look at this! (broken link removed).

It's in Maui, I hope this helps!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if there are any but you could look at www.petfinder.com for your pets and you could look in the classified ads.

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
mncavylover,

thank you so much for that website. i did see that and actually contacted them, but because the thread was posted a while back, all the babies have good homes. thank you so much though.

my baby mu,

thank you also for your website. i have checked petfinder (again and again), but there is never anything on guinea pigs in hawaii. i will keep checking though.

thank you lianne

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
ok, I'm sorry. I hope you find some soon!

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
hi everyone,

just thought i would let everyone know that i adopted a 1 year old female guinea pig from the local shelter. they finally got one in and so i went down today on my lunch break and got her. she is a little tri-colored abby.

thank you to everyone who tried to help me out. lianne

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Great! Glad to hear it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.