Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

xDanix

Cavy Slave
Hi! My name is Daniela, I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I have a guinea pig for 2 years. Her name is Liloo. She´s really sweet.
I have a male chinchilla too.
My husband and I want to make a bigger cage for the guinea pig (she has a pet store cage today) and I hope I can find some information here about making a bigger one. And more info about the best way to take care of her.
I´ll post a picture of her here later.

xDanix

Cavy Slave
This is Liloo.

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.
She's adorable! She looks like she tried to put on mascara but messed up badly. :)

kittieb

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
Your piggy is too cute. :)
This site is very helpful.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

I lived in Sao Paulo in '97-'98 and even used to speak portuguese fluently. Sadly, I was only 7 years old when I was there, and sadly don't remember how to say barley anything in Portuguese anymore.

Your guinea pig is very cute!

xDanix

Cavy Slave
Thanks people!

Wickedrodent, if you didn´t practice Portuguese since then, it´s normal to forget. I hear that Portuguese is a really difficult language to learn, it has so many rules (verbs are terrible). But what are your memories from here?

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I don't feel too bad about forgetting, and was really suprised how quickly I learned it the first time.. I really didn't try and learn it.. but my step-dad (well ex step dad now) was born and raised in Brazil, so when he taught my mom Portuguese I just kind of picked it up as well.

Strangly I seem to have blocked out most of the time I lived there.. I do remember walking to the school, going to the school and little random memories like that..

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
Hi and Welcome! Is that Liloo as in "Liloo Dallas Multipass" from 5th Element?

That was is one of my all-time favorite movie characters!

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Hi Dani! Looks like Liloo likes to do what my Layla likes, as well. To sit and rest on my boyfriends tummy/chest.

Nice!

Building a CC cage is really not difficult at all. I've only been on this site for about a week and already built one with my boyfriend!

He was a big help, so I'm sure your beau will pitch in and help a lot too. Liloo will love it! AND you can build something similar for your chinchilla, as well.

Good luck!

xDanix

Cavy Slave
Yes! It´s from the character. And my chinchilla is Korben Dallas. If we have another pet, it´ll be Ruby Rhod. Green!!!:D
We love this film!

The correct name would be Leeloo, but when we first took her to the vet, my husband put "I" instead of "EE", because "I" sound like "EE" in Portuguese, so he got confused.

Hi and Welcome! Is that Liloo as in "Liloo Dallas Multipass" from 5th Element?

That was is one of my all-time favorite movie characters!

xDanix

Cavy Slave
GuineaLover, yeah, she loves to do that. She sits, stretches out and stays in my husband´s belly, being spoiled.
We just started the new cage for her. When it´s all ready, I´ll post a pic here.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
GuineaLover, yeah, she loves to do that. She sits, stretches out and stays in my husband´s belly, being spoiled.
We just started the new cage for her. When it´s all ready, I´ll post a pic here.

Haha! Yep, just like my baby.

Hope all goes well with the cage. Don't forget if you are having any problems to come ask on the cage forums.

Can't wait to see it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.