Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wasn't expecting that!

CarrieBrianne

Cavy Slave
I've been looking for a pig and I wanted to adopt so about a month ago I spotted an ad on for a two year old peruvian girl guinea pig online and started e-mailing the owner back and forth. It seemed like a good deal, I was sure she wasn't a breeder or anything like that sort. She had just had a child and she didn't have time for her pig anymore. I went today to go pick the pig up and wow...I was surprised. It's cage reeked. Her young daughter looked at me and said "He's bit me twice!" I was shocked. The first thing I asked the lady when we emailed was has the pig bitten anyone? She said emailed back no! The lady glared at the girl and said "You never told me he bit you" Obviously I had been lied to and I couldn't figure out why they kid kept calling her and him. I said "I thought she was a girl" and the lady said "Oh she is but my daughter gets confused and calls her a boy sometimes, you know how kids are." I should have walked away then but I held the pig and she seemed so calm and gentle. I really didn't want to leave her with those people anyways, I knew I would take much better care of her than they ever could so I went ahead and took her. I brought her home and the first thing I did was give her a bath, she had long white air and in the back it was matted and pee soaked. During bath time I found out she realllllly is a he :mad: . I felt so stupid, I should have just checked at the house. I know how to tell the difference. I'm too trusting though, I took the ladys word. Regardless it's a wonderful pig so I'm going to keep him. I'm a little concerned though because if she lied to me about the gender than what else did she lie about? Hopefully nothing esle. Oh by the way, I named him King George. I'll try to post pigtures later.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Poor little guy. At least he's in a good home now. Do you have other girl pigs? You can have the little guy neutered and he can move in with the girls.

CarrieBrianne

Cavy Slave
I don't have any other pigs right now, espically not girls, thank goodness lol. I definitely would have checked at the house if I had had other pigs. I'm going to start looking for a buddy for him. This time I'm going through the humane society. Atleast they won't lie to me.

CarrieBrianne

Cavy Slave
King George Himself!

Trega

Cavy Slave
What a cutie! He looks like royalty.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Wow he's a beauty!

CarrieBrianne

Cavy Slave
Aw thanks for the nice comments guys. I took a much clearer photo this morning during floor time.

Cassidy forever

Cavy Slave
Cute hair!

CarrieBrianne

Cavy Slave
Thanks. Wow, King George is getting a huge ego from all the sweet comments lol.

kittieb

Cavy Slave
Awww :) he looks like my Moe! ^.^
He looks just like her! :) I'm glad though that you decided to keep him, I would hate to leave it with people like that. >.<

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.