Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

sounds of emptiness

zippysmom

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Whenever Zippy drinks out of his water bottle it sounds like it is empty. Even if I just change it or it is still full it makes a sound of emptiness. It is driving me crazy. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
I am drawing a blank. I don't guess I have heard the sound you are referring to?
If it is bugging you, I would probably just buy a new, different style bottle.

fashion victim

Cavy Slave
I am drawing a blank. I don't guess I have heard the sound you are referring to?
If it is bugging you, I would probably just buy a new, different style bottle.

I think she means that when the bottle is almost empty the little ball which they push with their tongue makes a different sound. I don't know how to describe it but to me it sounds like hollow-ish and very noisy. I also suggest getting a new water bottle of a different brand. Maybe it's not working right or something.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Yes, it's the type of water bottle. I have one that does that as well. It's loud and does sound like the bottle is empty. I went and bought a couple other ones and they are very quiet.

Lynn

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Oh ok, I gotcha. The bottles I use don't have a ball in the tip... They have a little rounded off pointed thing. When the pigs teeth or tongue push it to the side the water comes out. IT doesn't make any noise at all, as there isn't anything to rattle around.
(broken link removed)

I actually found them 2.00 cheaper than this price at my local tractor supply store.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Yeap -- All Living Things makes that style bottle as well. It is silent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.