Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

decideing????

SMORESBOSS

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if i should get another guinea pig because i dont want the one i have to feel left out and mad at me. and how would i seperate the cage i want them to have even spaces for them to run around.:?:

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
Why not get another pig of the same sex so your pig can have a friend?

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Why do you want to seperate them? The purpose of getting another pig is so that they can live together and run around together. I don't see how your pig is going to feel left out or most especially mad at you for getting them a friend. Guinea pigs are extremely happy, more active, and healthier with a friend. The more pigs the better and they aren't going to get upset so long as they have enough space for everyone. There are people with 5 or more pigs in the same cage. I had 6 but split them up because I had a lonely male that needed some friends and won't get along with the other male. On GL there is even a person with 46 pigs all living together. Your pig is probably feeling lonely and left out that they have no other pigs around and only humans to interact with. Humans just aren't the same as having another of their own kind to play, eat, and sleep with.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs are extremely social animals. I have a group of 3 pigs living together, then a group of 2. They still climb up the side of the cage to be pet or taken out for a cuddle. When I had to seperate Tarzan for a week because of his arthritis flare up, he didn't want anything to do with me. All he wanted was to get back to his buddies. As soon as he was back with his group, he immediately started to beg to me and climb up the side for some lap time. So in my experience, when they have friends of the own species around, they share their love. It's not fair to keep one pig by itself because of your wants. It's like a human only ever interacting with a cat their entire life, it's just not enough to keep them physically and mentally healthy. Get a same sex or neutered friend and let them live together. It really is for their own good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.