Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Esacpe of the Hamster

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Well, some of you have seen my new hamster cage for Secret, my hamster. It turns out there is one design flaw to it, the pull out tray.

I went in to wish Secret a Happy Christmas and give her a animal cracker (treat) and she was gone. I knew right away, because when I go into the room I make a whistling sound, and she always comes out. This time, she didnt come out. Then I noticed the tray was pulled out..

I had no idea how long she had been out, but it must have been less than 8 hours, because I told her goodnight before I went to bed last night..

I searched the cage, made sure she wasnt in there, and then searched the guinea pig cage (there are no pigs yet, so I have her cage sitting inside the pigs cage.) I then searched under the cage (its raised off the ground) then the shelf beside the cage.. Still no Secret.

Then I got smart and started looking in dark places. The closet.. Thats where I found her. Of course, she came right to me.. since I had an animal cracker in my hand. Now she is safe and sound back in her cage, but she sure did give me a scare..

I guess thats her way of saying Merry Christmas.. lol.. For about a month I have had that cage, and she chooses TODAY of all days to escape!

Here is a little holiday greeting from Secret.. Sorry its not great, but It was the best I could do in 5 mins..

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Aww that little stinker. I'm glad she's all safe and sound now.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
They are the best escape artists. I'm glad you found her!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.