Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Ivermectin in Oz?

cavy_lover515

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I was just wondering where I can get hold of Ivermectin in Oz. Just everyday pet shops? Vet clinics?
Thanks guys,
-Cavy_lover515

pignewton

Cavy Slave
Try a horse supply or feed store.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
I would ring up as mentioned above some horse and produce stores. You can get the paste and mix it and syringe feed it , or get the pour on. Some vet clinics may also be able to help you, you could get them treated at the vet clinic if your unsure or do not want to do it yourself the first time then treat them all at home once you've been shown how.

Here is a great thread on how to syringe feed it:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...51-oral-ivermectin-dosing-step-step-pics.html

Its a step by step guide.

Also check out the ivomec page on GL if you havent already:

Guinea Lynx :: Ivermectin Oral Treatment

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Some vets will sell it over the counter and some don't but you could ring up a few and mention you'd like to worm/mite treat your guinea pig and then the one to ask for over the counter at a vet is the sheep ivomec. .25ml per kilo administered orally via syringe once a week for four weeks. If you say exactly that they should be able to mix you up a few mils for a couple of dollars. Good luck with everything.

You can purchase the cattle ivomec and pastes over the net on some online vet supply/pet supply stores...

Jess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.