Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

question about hammoks

grEEEn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
My pigs WONT get in the hammock if it is suspended in the air. I'm not sure if all pigs are like this or mine are unusual. So what I do is turn it into a little taco shell where the bottom is on the ground and both sides are straight up so they can walk through, or sit in the middle.

Cavycorral

Cavy Slave
I've tried a hammock in my cage before and my piggies seemed to like it. I don't think your pigs would get hurt when climbing into a hammock..but, you never know. You could always try putting some kind of material around the straps so there isn't anything to get their little feet caught on. I have suspended the hammock from the top of the cage, and my pigs have no trouble getting in and out of it. Also, I have tried suspending it from a wall and the hammock was touching the floor of the cage, they seemed to like that too. Anyway, good luck.

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
I made two hammocks for my pigs. The first one was only maybe 6 inches on each side. They didn't really like that one, I guess there wasn't enough room for them on it. Then I made the other one, that one is double the size of the first one, so maybe 12 inches each side. They love that one so much, they curl up in it and go to sleep. It's very very cute. The hammock is suspended only about an inch in the middle of it, with a pig in it, off the floor. They just leap into it.
Since I made mine, I used ribbon as the straps to hold it up and I sewed snaps (the kind you see on baby clothes) on to the ribbon to attach it to the cage. So there really isn't anyway for a little foot to get caught on anything.

MsGizziBingly

Cavy Slave
Heres something I found a little funny. I used a towel to cover the divider in Patch and Gizzi's cage. It was a big towel so I folded it in half. Well the fold was on patch's side. She climbs in there ALL the time with food... or to sleep or whatever her little heart wants to do in there... I just found it funny because its the cheapest hiddie house ever. [she also has a hiddie house that I bought for her.. but she likes the towel fold more, ha]

jdomans

Cavy Slave
My pigs love hammocks. I hang it just high enough so that when they get in their weight doesn't make the hammock touch the ground.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.