Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from both of us!

JulianSteve

Cavy Slave
Hello we'd like to say 'Hello' from both of us. We're Julia and Steve - older adults(!) living in the North East of England. We are owned by 7 guinea pigs, all rescued sows of varying ages and two Dales ponies.
We were very excited to find this site after following a link from Guinea Pig Lynx and look forward to spending time learning more about these wonderful little animals.
We keep our current pigs outside - they live in an Eglu which many of you will already know about. We have a purple ones - its dome shaped and has a large run attatched and pegged to the ground. The door is closed at night for extra warmth but they have been kept outside for alamost 2 years now and they love it. I do admit I would love some inside the house again but the girls we have now are all adults and rally seem much happier living outside!
Anyway thats enough from us!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! It's nice to hear all your pigs were rescued.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

I would love to see pictures of your cage, for some reason I just cant picture it in my head...lol

JulianSteve

Cavy Slave
Yes its an Eglu from Omlet.
Well after looking at the amazing homes on here - we're off see what we can find to bring ous inside during the winter. I'm not sure what they'll make of it but there a very outgoing group so I think it will be entertaining!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That's great that you will be bringing them in. They really do so much better indoors. You will be able to interact with them more and really see their personalities blossom. Plus, you will catch any illnesses quicker and they will be safe and away from predators and harsh weather.

JulianSteve

Cavy Slave
There in! We got 2 of the biggest 'cages' we could find until we can make one like the wonderful ones on here. They were all out eating their food while we were eating out meal - it was lovely.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I am so glad to hear you brought them inside. I think everyone will be happier in the long run. They are a joy to watch play and interact. That eglu is interesting for romps outside though. I would love to have one for this spring during play time outside.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.