Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

guinea pig in michigan????????

oreo33

Cavy Slave
does anyone have a young female in michigan who needs a friend.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
Try going to www.petfinder.com and type in your zip code, all kinds of piggers will come up near you.

manda81

Cavy Slave
NoVeil said:
Try going to www.petfinder.com and type in your zip code, all kinds of piggers will come up near you.
Are you getting rid of your piggy? I live in Michigan, and you're very right that there aren't many around here. I found one that looks really good but it's in Lansing and all the other rescues are around Detroit. At least the big ones. I was just looking last night because I need to get my Squeeks a friend, but I can't afford the $15 at adopt right now. It was a suprise that I got her and I wouldn't give her up for the world, but I did only get her.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Do a search at www.petfinder.com, and also look at the adoptables section of their classifieds. Look at (broken link removed) classifieds, too. There is also a list of rescues there, but you can do a google search for a humane society near you. Good luck! =)

oreo33

Cavy Slave
i did try petfinder but i couldnt find a shelter within 3 hours of here

oreo33

Cavy Slave
im lookin for one

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Look on google, in the yellow pages, or on cavyrescue.com. Keep trying!

manda81

Cavy Slave
yeah don't give up. i live around lansing, and i only know of the ones i found on pet finder. but i'm more than happy to help.
mncavylover said:
Look on google, in the yellow pages, or on cavyrescue.com. Keep trying!

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
Call local vet offices, talk to your local shelter, look in the paper, ask in friendly pet stores, look on bulletin boards at stores...you may be surprised.

Baby Joey's Mom

Cavy Slave
Hello. I know a place in MI who sells pet supplies and rehomes abandoned piggies if you are interested. Recently a breeder got sick and his wife dumped 50 on this pet store - most females pregnant. They have pigs currently available. I wouldn't however adopt until you have money saved. I know you said you don't have the 15 for a piggie - and it sounds like you are waiting for funds until so (I hope) I advise anyone who has or is thinking of adopting to have a spare account of emergency vet money. This money should be separate then the allocated money aside each week for fresh hay, pellets and veggies, vit c etc.
Warmest Regards
di

clarabelle

Cavy Slave
I have a girl guinea pig that needs a friend and I am in Michigan. However, I wanted to give her to someone rather than get a friend for her. Were you interested in giving up your guinea pig or of getting another guinea pig?

oreo33 said:
does anyone have a young female in michigan who needs a friend.

oreo33

Cavy Slave
i did want another pig but i already got 1 about 2 weeks ago, sorry

moffist

Cavy Slave
I am new to the Forum. We recently adopted two piggies, one boy and one girl. We now have 4beautiful babies (born yesterday, Oct. 30). We live in Grand Rapids Mi and are looking for loving homes for our babies!!. Any interest?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I hope you have had the male and female separated prior to the birth?

moffist

Cavy Slave
Yes male and female are seperated.

mefingas

Cavy Slave
I would be interested in adopting a female guinea pig if you still have any left.

jhoban

Cavy Slave
I am in the Detroit area and am still looking for a couple pigs actually. I need a friend for both a male and female.

Redwood

Cavy Slave
Hello. I am in Taylor Michigan and I adopted my 2 pigs from the downriver guinea pig haven. You can find them on petfinder. They are very nice. Currently they have lots of pigs.

jhoban said:
I am in the Detroit area and am still looking for a couple pigs actually. I need a friend for both a male and female.

jhoban

Cavy Slave
Yup, I checked them out. Actually sent a couple emails and cant seem to get a response.

Redwood

Cavy Slave
That is odd. I get a response with any questions I have. Maybe try one more time?

jhoban said:
Yup, I checked them out. Actually sent a couple emails and cant seem to get a response.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.