Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescue

catinhat72

Cavy Slave
I have been doing some thinking concerning my local animal shelter. They take in guinea pigs, rabbits and other small animals to adopt out, but don't do much to promote finding them new homes. I have yet to actually go down and see the small animal room as I'm afraid I'll want to bring them all home. I would love to be able to take some in but I don't have a lot of money and my husband gets a little cranky when I bring new animals home. Plus I have concerns about finding homes for them. The shelter is an hour away and with 2 kids it would be hard to find time to go down and volunteer. I guess I'm just not sure where I am going with this but I just wish I could do something to help them. For those of you that have a small rescue can you give me any insight?
Thanks
catinhat72

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You could offer to take some time to take their photos and post them online at places such as (broken link removed) or www.petfinder.com. It may be difficult to find time, but even once would undoubtedly help. =)

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
You could also make some informative flyers/posters and put them in vet offices, stores, and pet stores. If you ever see people at pet stores thinking of buying an animal, tell them to check the shelter first. A lot of people don't even know shelters have small animals.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.