Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cozy used for litterbox

sickofchange320

Cavy Slave
I made a cozy for my guinea pigs, but they use it for a litterbox and don't sleep in it. Any ideas how to stop this?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I really don't know. Maybe you could put the cozy somewhere they don't go so much? I think some like to use their hidey houses for that, but others don't. If you have a loft, you could try using it there. I hope you figure this one out, sorry I can't be more helpful! =)

blink1177

Cavy Slave
My pigs potty everywhere they sleep. There seems to be no stopping it. So I just put in 3 litter boxes hoping they will only use one for the bathroom and the others for sleeping. They still use all of them for both reasons.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
My Sow uses her hidey house as a potty too! I think that's really the only place she pees, because when I clean her cage that's the only part thats wet! There's nothing I can really do about it, I've learned to expect it.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
you could try training them like some other people on this forum have for floor time. Every time they poop, don't vacuum it up, just move it to the place you want them to go, and they'll be irked to do their business their in the future. Maybe they'll still sleep in the spot, but at least their poops wont be all over the place

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
One of my boars actually tends to do all his business in the same location (usually a corner) and everytime I clean the cage he chooses a different spot. Now only if I could get his brother/cage mate to do the same thing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.