Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Travel Cage?

Curly's Slave

Cavy Slave
I'm going out of town next weekend and I need a cage for my two piggies to use. I used to have a petstore cage but I got rid of it. Any other ideas?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Do you have any extra grids and a piece of coroplast? You could make a smaller C&C that would easily fit into your car.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Do you need a cage for the place you are visiting, or for transport purposes?

If it's a temporory cage, the best thing is to link grids using cable ties, and use a shower curtain or groundsheet/tarpaulin with newspapers and fleece for bedding.

If it's for the journey, I presume you can't go and buy a cat type box, or other pet carrier. As PM says, you can make a wee carrying cage from spare grids and corroplast, or would a plastic storage box, with grids secured to the top make do? It kind of depends on the length of your journey etc.

A cardboard box, with air holes cut into it will do, if all else fails, but you need to be convinced the pigs cannot escape! Plenty of newspaper and towels/bedding, then tons of hay will 1. stop the cardboard getting soggy with pee. 2. give them something to burrow in, and munching the hay should stop them nibbling on the box.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.