Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

do your piggies use their beds?

crazychic

Cavy Slave
I just bought a big piggie bed for my two guineas but Im wondering if they will actually use it or not. Do you piggies use their beds? The one a bought is a "cuddle cup."

Tulip

Cavy Slave
Yes, a lot of piggies use them! :cheerful: Have you tried it out yet? They might not just go jump in right away, but give them some time.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
I made four of them and they're getting worn out from being used so much!

The girls love to jump into them and snuggle down in for a nappie (especially when the cuddle cups are still warm from the dryer).

The boys don't get inside them, instead they smash them down and use them as a pillow or mattress...silly little guys!

wolfie

Cavy Slave
Our boys also smash them down by running in and out and over them, and then they get in and sleep in them! They were hesitant about using them initially, but then we placed a piece of fleece over the end of the cage, where the beds are, to make a "tent" and now they love them.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
We have several pillows and a cuddle cup scattered around the cage and they are always laying on them. They love squishy beds to sleep on. They even prefer it when their pigloos are flipped upside down and filled with bedding so they can curl up in them instead of under them.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Mine use them every few days. Either the sofa or the main cuddle cup or pet bed. Depends on how comfy they want to feel.

mkkayla

Cavy Slave
My pigs live for their beds, I wash 6-7 beds every night.

Fudgeincuddle.jpg

Simbaandnala.jpg

oreoinpocket.jpg

strigercake

Cavy Slave
My girls love their cozy beds that I bought for them. Sometimes theywill even fight over them, so I added some more, but they still fight over the same one. Silly pigs!

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
"They even prefer it when their pigloos are flipped upside down and filled with bedding so they can curl up in them instead of under them."

My boys do the same thing. When I got the beds from Weaver, they went nuts for them as soon as they saw them. They were running around and popcorning all kinds!

piggiebun

Cavy Slave
"They even prefer it when their pigloos are flipped upside down and filled with bedding so they can curl up in them instead of under them."

My boys do the same thing. When I got the beds from Weaver, they went nuts for them as soon as they saw them. They were running around and popcorning all kinds!

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
That's funny, my boys do the same thing! The only time they get inside, is if I put the cozy under the hammock, or under something. Otherwise, they love to scrunch it up under them and lay on it.

Must be a man thing.

crazychic

Cavy Slave
Awe! such cute replies! No, I havent given the bed to them yet because its a Cmas present. (i know, im a dork but i cant help it) :) mkkayla--the bed that i bought is the one in your first pic! I really like the "tent" idea so I think Ill get some fleece to go with it so they can really cuddle up!

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
pigs012.jpg

Flash loves his pillow. Puff sometimes will jump on it like a trampoline then bounce off.

Geneva

Cavy Slave
You guys are lucky. Mine love their cozies too, but they mainly love them for peeing on and pooping in! I can only leave them in for maybe a day before they're soaked and have to be washed. Still, very nice to have them in the cage.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Most piggies do really enjoy having a cozy place to crawl in and get some sleep. I totally agree with Geneva that pigs go potty in their beds. Pigs unlike most other animals do not care one bit where they go to the bathroom, and they will go right where they sleep and it not even bother them. Seeing pigs eat, sleep, and poop 24/7 the beds do tend to get rather "dirty". I find that because this is the pig's routine beds actually keep the cage cleaner. With pigloos or wooden houses the pigs are urinating directly on the fleece, with cuddle cups or sacks they are peeing in the bed instead. It is much easier to just take the bed out of the cage daily and replace the bed than to change the entire cage because the spot where the pigs sleep are becoming wet.

The only downfalls to using beds are, you do have to have extra beds for when the dirty one is in the wash, and your pigs become even more spoiled than they already were :)

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I received a gorgeous pink cuddlecup a couple of weeks ago from Weaver and they love it so much I have ordered another 3 for Christmas, so my pigs have one each. Tuppy was smiling she was so happy in (broken link removed)!
Charlie currently has the pink cuddlecup in his cage. It is bringing him great comfort while the vets and I try to figure out what's up with his leg.

ljm0104

Cavy Slave
I'm getting my piggie one for xmas the colorful one made for ferrets a really good petstore where I live has tons of cuddle cups and even some made especialy for guinea pigs.

Ruftybear

Cavy Slave
I haven't been able to make my cozies yet, so I put a container with a towel and a fleecy (they have one each now because they love them). They use them all the time, especially Jellybean my little black piggie.

crazychic

Cavy Slave
One of my piggies seems to prefer to sit in his pee after he goes, its a bit gross but ya gotta love them! Im really excited now to give my two boys their cuddle cup, it sounds like it'll be a winner!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I've ordered 4 cuddle cups from WEAVER (Christmas pressies - any old excuse! lol) and can't wait for them to arrive! Will post pigtures when they do!

My pigs have a couple of cat beds, which have proven popular! I cut a small hole in the base layer, and put towels in the middle. \Unfortunately, Mary decided she liked it better in there, than on it - so will have to come up with a plan B!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.