Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello :)

tishie716

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Tish, i have a female guinea pig named Maxine (Max for short) and we recently adopted a male, as of now we just call him little man. He's very sweet but very skittish because he's blind in one eye. I need some help deciding if I should neuter little man and put him with max in the same cage, or if I should just build a larger cage and have it seperated so they can see each other. Right now he's in a smaller version of max's cage, and he wants nothing more than to get through the side and get to her! Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

I think you should neuter, keep seperate for 3 weeks after the neuter, and then put them together. They will be much happier living together then seperated.

tishie716

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, I was just a little worried that if they were to fight he'd be at a disadvantage because of his blind eye, but they really seem to like each other a lot. He even moved his igloo so he can see when Max comes out of hers, then he'll run to the side of the cage and squeal and get all excited that she's out. Its really cute. Thank you once again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.