Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

young_mommy17

Cavy Slave
Hi!

My name is Shaina (Shay-na). I bought my guinea pig on Thursday. She's red, short hair, and her name is Abby. I took her to the vet the day after I got her and she is perfectly healthy besides the fact that she has a early case of mites (which she has gotten treated for) and she had a scab on her back from when she was in her breeders care, but the scab is now gone and her hair is growing back!!! She loves her floor time, let me tell you!! She hops around, jumps, runs super fast, so cute! She loves carrots and her little tube. She didn't really care for her little Timber home. :( But that's ok, I'll get her an Igloo and see if she likes that better. I am planning on getting her a C&C Cage. Unfortunatly right now she is in a store bought cage. It's about 20inch X 38inch. I'm also planning on getting her a friend, but once I buy a big C&C Cage that they both will be happy in. Well that's all I can think of to mention right now. Hopefully chat with you soon.

Last edited:

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Please check out Index of / and read around to learn about the importance of adoption. There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs out there, so please find one to adopt next time instead of supporting pet stores and breeders--they are the source of the huge overpopulation problem. Check out Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. to find a homeless pig near you!

Good luck building your C&C, you're going to have lots of fun and so will your pig!

young_mommy17

Cavy Slave
I am trying very hard to find a piggie to adopt instead of buying one from a petstore. The only problem is finding a guinea pig that is near me. I mean I have found some that are about one hour away, but I am cannot go pick them up. But I'm still looking to adopt!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
We can probably help you find a GP in your area. All we would need really is your town/state or your zip code.

There are also many places you probably didn't think to look. Exotic vets in your area may know of some and rabbit resues also may. Look in you newspaper's classified section for people looking to rehome as well as on CraigsList and Freecycle.

young_mommy17

Cavy Slave
Do I just send my city/state to you via private message?

Yeah, I'll have to ask my Vet and look into those other options. Is Freecycle a .com address or .org? I tried .com and it took me to freesharing.com. My newspapers classified section didn't have any guinea pigs in it. Thanks for those things to look up!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.