Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Scampi and Chips

GuineaFood

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
They've been gone for 12 years, but I still miss them.

I don't know how old they were when this picture was taken, but from the size of my hands, I doubt they were more than 2 years old. Chips is the Sheltie, and she ultimately lived to 8 years old before succumbing to a throat infection. Scampi, who we thought would not last long without Chips, actually lived for another year before she eventually passed away peacefully from old age.
Never forget the spirits of your departed guineas, they are always with you. When you dream about them, enjoy the time you are able to spend with them again. Recently, my fiance and her parents went to an evening with a spiritualist medium, and although we did not receive any messages, I was sure I could see something moving about the stage, and from the recognition I felt, I am sure that it was Chips. Earlier in the day, the stairs in Patches' hutch got knocked down. Twice. which is almost impossible to do accidentally, and we think that Chips might been 'in visitation' and have reacted to Patches due to her similarity in appearance to Scampi.
(Patches in her old cage, prior to moving into her custom built hutch)
Scampi and Chips

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.