PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Kenobi. You will be missed.

cshore
11-13-06, 07:55 am
Kenobi (aka - Beastie, Girly) - 11/13/06

Kenobi, you were the best guinea pig a family could ask for. I remember the day Hunter and I picked you up. There were so many abandoned guinea pigs to chose from, and we chose you. You were a wonderful pet for the 1.5 years you were in our home. For such a small animal, you brought us great joy. We will always remember the laughs you gave us - from watching your devour your lettuce to zipping around your cage. You had a wonderful, sweet temperament and we enjoyed every moment spent with you. You were this family's first pet, and we will never forget you. I hope you are in a place filled with Pigloos, romaine lettuce, and apples...all of your favorite things. Thank you for all the happiness you brought us.
Love - Christine

DnLnEsMom
11-13-06, 09:37 am
So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave him a good life!

Tulip
11-17-06, 01:07 pm
My condolences on the loss of your sweet little one! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

tomcat6
11-17-06, 02:25 pm
Aww. I give my sympathies to you. I just lost my pig yesterday. I am trying to get through it. First I'm going to find out how he died, because something was definatley wrong. Once I know, I think I will feel better. We buried him in the backyard. I was very paticular about the spot because I want it to be in a nice location where I can go visit whenever I want to. I put him between two bushes next to our fence. In the spring, I'm going to plant flowers on the grave. They're just a symbol that with death, comes new life and I think thats a really good idea. I know people probably tell you to think about the good times and that is good advice. Maybe you could put together a little scrapbook for Kenobi. With pictures and quotes and all of his/her favorite things. I think that would help. I might do that for Herbert. I still have his brother Henry, but he's really shy. I think getting closer to him may ease the pain also. I don't know if you have any other pigs, but if you do, spend time with them since they are greiving too. I don't know whether to get a new pig for Henry. It will just be hard since males will fight unless they are brought up together and female with male would breed. Also, if Henry dies *god forbid* then the other pig will be lonely. I may get another in the future for for now I will spend more time with Henry and just think about Herbert and visit his grave each day. I hope these ideas help. If you need to talk, leave me a message. :cheerful: