Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye, Kenobi. You will be missed.

cshore

Cavy Slave
Kenobi (aka - Beastie, Girly) - 11/13/06

Kenobi, you were the best guinea pig a family could ask for. I remember the day Hunter and I picked you up. There were so many abandoned guinea pigs to chose from, and we chose you. You were a wonderful pet for the 1.5 years you were in our home. For such a small animal, you brought us great joy. We will always remember the laughs you gave us - from watching your devour your lettuce to zipping around your cage. You had a wonderful, sweet temperament and we enjoyed every moment spent with you. You were this family's first pet, and we will never forget you. I hope you are in a place filled with Pigloos, romaine lettuce, and apples...all of your favorite things. Thank you for all the happiness you brought us.
Love - Christine

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave him a good life!

Tulip

Cavy Slave
My condolences on the loss of your sweet little one! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

tomcat6

Cavy Slave
Aww. I give my sympathies to you. I just lost my pig yesterday. I am trying to get through it. First I'm going to find out how he died, because something was definatley wrong. Once I know, I think I will feel better. We buried him in the backyard. I was very paticular about the spot because I want it to be in a nice location where I can go visit whenever I want to. I put him between two bushes next to our fence. In the spring, I'm going to plant flowers on the grave. They're just a symbol that with death, comes new life and I think thats a really good idea. I know people probably tell you to think about the good times and that is good advice. Maybe you could put together a little scrapbook for Kenobi. With pictures and quotes and all of his/her favorite things. I think that would help. I might do that for Herbert. I still have his brother Henry, but he's really shy. I think getting closer to him may ease the pain also. I don't know if you have any other pigs, but if you do, spend time with them since they are greiving too. I don't know whether to get a new pig for Henry. It will just be hard since males will fight unless they are brought up together and female with male would breed. Also, if Henry dies *god forbid* then the other pig will be lonely. I may get another in the future for for now I will spend more time with Henry and just think about Herbert and visit his grave each day. I hope these ideas help. If you need to talk, leave me a message. :cheerful:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.