Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Toys

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
On this page;
https://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm
I take it they can be used for rabbit toys aswell? Or are there other things I can give Barney and Scarlet?
also what is the ideal size in feet for 2 rabbits?

Thanks Kirsty

naturestee

Cavy Slave
The minimum cage size depends on the size of the rabbits. Two medium sized rabbits (dutch, mini lop, etc) would probably be best in a cage that's at least 4 grids long, which would be about 4.7 feet long. Width at least two grids wide= 2+ feet, and the cage needs to be high enough that they can stretch all the way up so about 2 grids again. And upper levels or shelves and such are always good too. Lots of rabbits like having vertical space.

This list has lots of great ideas for rabbit toys:
(broken link removed)

Mine love untreated wicker baskets, willow balls, grapevine wreaths, and grass mats. I've found these at Pier 1 and craft stores, and you can get them at online bunny supply stores too. Plastic cat toys with bells and hard plastic baby keys are also very popular with my four. And cardboard boxes are absolutely fabulous, especially with hay and newspaper inside or if they're made into little mazes or castles and such.

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
I've found a lot of rabbits love things they can throw so make sure anything is not so heavy that it'll hurt the other if it lands on them!

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the info and link.

bunnylover

Cavy Slave
The minimum cage size depends on the size of the rabbits. Two medium sized rabbits (dutch, mini lop, etc) would probably be best in a cage that's at least 4 grids long, which would be about 4.7 feet long. Width at least two grids wide= 2+ feet, and the cage needs to be high enough that they can stretch all the way up so about 2 grids again. And upper levels or shelves and such are always good too. Lots of rabbits like having vertical space.

This list has lots of great ideas for rabbit toys:
(broken link removed)

Mine love untreated wicker baskets, willow balls, grapevine wreaths, and grass mats. I've found these at Pier 1 and craft stores, and you can get them at online bunny supply stores too. Plastic cat toys with bells and hard plastic baby keys are also very popular with my four. And cardboard boxes are absolutely fabulous, especially with hay and newspaper inside or if they're made into little mazes or castles and such.

that list is fantastic! thank you!!!!!!!!!

naturestee

Cavy Slave
No problem! I'm still working my way through all the ideas! The newest toy I bought was a cat tunnel, only $12 at Big Lots. Two love it, the other two are getting used to it as it has crinkly-sounding fabric. Needless to say, the kittens love it. It's a multi-purpose toy. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.