Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Plastic Toppers??

Czarina

Cavy Slave
Hi!
My Syrian hamster, Pringle, lives in a long 20 gallon aquarium. I'm looking for a topper to give her more room and to add more toys to decrease boredom. The only problem is that i can't find any non-wire or even mesh-like aquarium toppers (since she chews bars). any suggestions?

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
I found these: (broken link removed). They don't have bars on, so your hamster couldn't chew them, and they have holes so you can hang things. You can also get mesh cubes like in this photo (from the galleries) https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/5482/si/mesh/what/allfields
Do you mean "topper" as in to make an extra level? I don't know if this was the kid of thing you were looking for, sorry if I'm on the wrong track...

Czarina

Cavy Slave
I found these: (broken link removed). They don't have bars on, so your hamster couldn't chew them, and they have holes so you can hang things. You can also get mesh cubes like in this photo (from the galleries) https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/5482/si/mesh/what/allfields
Do you mean "topper" as in to make an extra level? I don't know if this was the kid of thing you were looking for, sorry if I'm on the wrong track...
Thanks Hill!

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean, its so hard finding good cages for hamsters. I am actually in the process of "inventing" a all around great hamster cage. Afterr I make them, Im going to test them on my hamster, and mice, and if they are as good as I hope, I might sell them :D

I don't know if you really want to keep your aquarium, but you can do what I did, I used a hamster playpen, and put in together (with a lid made from the same) on top of an under the bed storage box, you can make it two stories by adding another one of the same on top.

Pic-

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.