Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
My name is Tabitha. I am a stay at home mom to three lovely children 2 boys ages 5 and 6 and a little girl who's 2! All three of which have varing medical needs (epilepsy, asthma, and severe allergies)

We are all avid animal lovers! We have an 8 year old border collie spitz mix we rescued from the pound, a 4 year old cat we rescued from a snow storm, a hamster I adopted from petsmart (they had her in a tiny cage all alone, all because she was a she and they were a male only store, so we got her for free, pulled out the hamster cage from storage and now she is FAT and happy!! that was 6 months ago) we also have two fire bellied toads.

we recently got our 5 yr old son a guinea pig. She was a little thing brown black and white he named her Baby. Unfortunately after many attempts and lots of medications we had to have baby put to sleep as she was very ill. My 5 year old was very upset by this. HE decided that he wanted another one and so we went and got Joey, I believe she is pregnant bu only time will tell!

Its nice to meet you all. I have learned a lot in just browsing the site here. I even built Joey a C+C cage!

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll learn lots here :)
So sorry about Baby; it was unfortunate that your first piggie had to be put down.
I'm sure Joey loves her new cage, they certainly seem to enjoy the extra space for running and exploring. Have you got any pigtures?

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
I posted one picture of her in my "help" post. I have yet to get a good one as she is still very shy!

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
she is chinchilla colored and VERY fat!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. That "chincilla color" is what is called Silver Agouti. See if you can get your 5 year old to say that properly. Should be good for a laugh.

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. That "chincilla color" is what is called Silver Agouti. See if you can get your 5 year old to say that properly. Should be good for a laugh.

HAHAHA that gave me a good chuckle!! I was told that it was a rare color?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Not really rare but not very common either. I believe it is a recessive color and therefore if bred to any other, more dominant color the breeding will not normally result in silver agoutis. That's why it isn't seen as often.

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
That was way beyond my knowledge of genetics!! LOL oh well.. we love her no matter what color she is, we could love her more if she would come out of the igloo though..

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Give her time and she'll soon be wheeking at you everytime you pass the cage.

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Silver Agouti's are really cute. I had two a couple of years ago (they have both passed away now :ashamed:) called Bodger and Badger. They were the Rex breed. Here's a pic of the boys so you can see their colouring.

DnLnEsMom

Cavy Slave
FoolontheHill- that is exactly what she looks like, only more feminine LOL

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
oh gosh that pig on the right has the most delicious expression! Thanks for the smile before I hit the sack tonight. I needed it! I keep looking at it and smiling at his sweetness. Set as my desktop it's so sweet.

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Aw, I'm glad Badger made you smile. He was a cutie pie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.