Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need advice on keeping the pigs in the floor space!

lillyizzy200

Cavy Slave
I don't have anything I can do to keep my pigs in a certain area. I normally put them in my walk-in-closet and put something in front of the opening- but now we are moving and have a great place for the pigs- but nothing to keep them in!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

lillyizzy200

Cavy Slave
oooo yeah---- but i only have 3 panels left....erm anyother ideas- it there is good- if not- i might as well just go get more panels....

ljm0104

Cavy Slave
You can buy little play pens in the pet section at walmart for ten bucks. I did that before I got grids.

Last edited:

mommy2rosie

Cavy Slave
I use the play pens from Wal*Mart. I use several put together. The only problem I have found is that Rosie doesn't think she has enough room and trys to get out! We have to keep constint vidual on her.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I have a combination of play pens, extra grids, and odd things around the house to use as barriers. I use a toy box, rubbermaid bins, and pillows, to name a few, to act as barriers.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
If you can get extra grids at a reasonable price, I'd feel inclined to get yurself a spare set anyway. Not only can you then make various sizes of floortime space, but you have an emergency travel pen, and grids to make a carry box, and all kinds of other accesories (extra level, hay rack, tunnel, bunkbed etc).

homeschoolmama

Cavy Slave
I would definitely consider getting another set of grids. They just come in handy for so many purposes!

We have the zip-tied grid playpen, and we run it around the living room with a vinyl tablecloth to protect the carpet, and a huge fleece blanket on top of that so they don't slip on the tablecloth. It all folds up under the cage when we're done with it, and didn't cost us much at all. (I waited for sales for everything & saved about 40% off of retail)
love,
mom

rubies1883

Cavy Slave
Anything works as a barrier. For my piggies, we use extra pieces of Coroplast that we wedge between things and create walls. It is really handy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.