Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from a Newbie

jumpy&theatrix

Cavy Slave
I am happy to introduce the two adult Boars which I adopted in August: Jumpy and Theatrix. My children named them. This is my first intro to GPs and to participating on a computer forum! It took Jumpy and Theatrix awhile to get used to the family, but now they squeak for attention when they hear the fridge open up. I like the way our C&C cage is open on the top and we can just reach in and pet them.

We like to take them outside where they gobble of the St Augustine grass. Unfortunately, too much grass and other fresh foods gives Theatrix very mushy stools so we often let them charge around in the kitchen during suppertime. This has has helped to integrate them into our family.

It's taken me some time to warm up to our little guys, but my daughter has adored them from the start. She's a big help with their care.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I love the C&C Cages myself. Welcome to the forum.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I am also from Houston :D

What shelter did you adopt them from? I have visited Cap Shelter, and am planning on adopting a two pigs from Texas Rustlers Rescue up in the Dallas area.

jumpy&theatrix

Cavy Slave
I adopted from the Bay Area SPCA. They are located south of Kemah. A couple of the same cute guinea pigs are still there since I picked up mine in August. I'd like to help them with some publicity. People keep saying to me that they didn't know the SPCA had anything besides cats and dogs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.