Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

New Zealand Not just in this country

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
This person is also going to be responsible to care for a child. Does anyone else find this very disturbing? Also they are going to let her keep some of the animals?

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
:mad: How long was she in the hospital? A month? (Sarcasim) They were suffering longer then a hospital stay to me.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
This is similar to Australia. Many animal abuses do not get jail time, instead they get community service or a fine. Many offenders blame the attack on drug abuse or their ''young age'', or family situation.

Earlier this year a cat was run over with a bike over and over before being kicked onto a rail way track. She survived and the offenders got no jail time only commuinity service.

I read about this abuse everday and it is all over the world. Take the export of Australian sheep overseas for example:

(broken link removed)

The horrific conditions these sheep are in to be exported to the midle east to be abused and slaughtered is horrible to say the least.

And its not only livestock and pets that get abused. Its native wildlife. A tame koala at a national park was killed and kicked to death, it came up to the offenders because it was tame and not scared of humans. These people only get a fine and counselling. We have such weak animal welfare laws that just dont work, or the defense of drug abuse or age or they were abused themselves holds up in court and they get away with it.

I can only petition to have our laws up held and become stronger so these people dont get away with it, hopefully new zealanders are doing the same and one day they wont get off so lightly.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
I live in a rural area in Aus. I have never seen a farmer given so much as a fine for mistreatment of livestock. I've seen cattle dead and decomposing in paddocks. A few months back, some idiot rented some property, and dumped a palamino horse on it. The poor horse ran out of feed so quickly. In the end we were all giving it hay while we repeatedly reported it's owner to the RSPCA. In the end the horse got so ill, it died by itself, it's owner never turned up. A friend down the road buried it, as it was obvious no one else would.

I've seen dogs abused, cats kicked like footballs. But RSPCA dosnt care what so ever, or just cant be bothered to drive this far out. Even with the national park backing all our properties nothing is done. Latte our dog, was an abused pup that turned up on our property one day. No one ever bothered to check if we were his rightful owners or anything.

One day, the world will be a better place, but that'll be a long time in coming.

Emma

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.