Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

adoptables in Oregon?????????

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Any adoptable male piggies or spayed females in Oregon??'
Thanks Cinn&sprinslave

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Have you checked www.petfinder.com and (broken link removed)? Don't forget, petfinder also has an "adoptables" section under classifieds. Good luck finding a piggy! =)

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Have you checked www.petfinder.com and (broken link removed)? Don't forget, petfinder also has an "adoptables" section under classifieds. Good luck finding a piggy! =)

Looked in petfinder none, but found 2 in a Humaine Society and one from a rescue. I going to go see them all before I make my decision..

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
YAY! I'm glad you found some. Tell me when you decide!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
YAY! I'm glad you found some. Tell me when you decide!
Ok I will tell you!!! Um I still haven't been to see any of them but there is a baby male who is a white american piggy.. I have been emailing the rescue about him. He is 1.5 weeks right now. The humaine society has two 3 year old piggies one is shy and one is really sweet. I would love to adopt the older piggy but I want to find the right one for my piggy and so far from emailing people about the pigs it sounds like the baby would be the best match.. But I am going to have to see all of them first.
Thanks for all your help I will definantly tell you which one I choose.
This is one male... I found at the humaine society.
(broken link removed)
Cinn&sprinslave

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
All the piggies look so cute! I don't know how you can choose... =)

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
All the piggies look so cute! I don't know how you can choose... =)

Yes it will be very hard to choose.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
so, what did you decide?

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
loves2travel said:
so, what did you decide?

I am currently deciding on 1 black and white male, one white male, and one dark brown spayed pervuvian female. The little guy from the rescue didn't work out seeing as the rescue is moving to Washington on Saturday, and they were busy all this week and I don't want to drive to Washington.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
These are some pictures of the piggies I am interested in.
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
They are both cuties! If I was choosing, I think I'd go for the older pig. He sounds like he's had a hard time, as they suggested he will need time to adjust. That's just me, though. Plus, the younger ones tend to get adopted more often. Tell us what you decide, and good luck deciding! =)

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
They are both cuties! If I was choosing, I think I'd go for the older pig. He sounds like he's had a hard time, as they suggested he will need time to adjust. That's just me, though. Plus, the younger ones tend to get adopted more often. Tell us what you decide, and good luck deciding! =)[/QUOTE

I think I am going to get the older one, because he is a sweetie. And the younger one is aggressive.
But first I just checked on petfinder and there was a lady trying to find a home for her male piggy who is several years old. She said that he was sterile, and that he had been living with a female for 1 1/2 years and she never had babies, is this possible for a piggy to be sterile?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I guess that it may be, but how does she know it's not the female? Just a thought. That's a good idea, but I don't know about the male being sterile. I hope you can decide, and good luck on that!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
I guess that it may be, but how does she know it's not the female? Just a thought. That's a good idea, but I don't know about the male being sterile. I hope you can decide, and good luck on that!
Ya thats what I was thinking, I was like "Hmm no babies and he was living with a female, now what happens if this so called male is a female?" =)

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
I would go for the older piggy too...Buddy. Both are sweet though. I would be wary of the sterile "male" and be sure he has some boy bits before taking him. Here is a pic of the girlie I am getting in just 8-9 days!

(broken link removed)

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
NoVeil said:
I would go for the older piggy too...Buddy. Both are sweet though. I would be wary of the sterile "male" and be sure he has some boy bits before taking him. Here is a pic of the girlie I am getting in just 8-9 days!

(broken link removed)
Awww she is so sweet, and cute. I just LOVE her. She is so adorable!!!!! You are very lucky!!! She is super cute!! Are you going to keep the name Ruffles or give her a different name? Is she a Texel, because she looks like she is?

Last edited:

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
The people that are trying to find a home for the "sterile" male emailed me back. I asked them some questions, about wether he was a boy or not etc. And if the vet could assure it.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Ok, great! Keep us up to date. Awww, that texel is the cutest little thing! :D You are so lucky. I hope everything goes well for both of you!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I am so mad, I drove 36 miles (know nothing compared to what some people drive) to go see the "sterile" male we had worked out a time 3:30 pm. So Anyways I drove there, I was a little early 3:00. So I went to look at cell phones, (I don't know why) then drove back to her house. She still wasn't there. So I called her house, no one answered. So I called her cell. Finally she answered. I said "I am standing in front of your house to see the piggy" She said "Oh I am sorry I am not going to be home today, bye" and hung up. I AM MAD

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
That was rather rude of her if you had arranged to meet and see this pig. Hopefully things will work out and you will get the pig you are meant to have.

Someone asked if we are keeping Ruffles name...not sure yet. We would like to change it but if she already knows her name, then we won't. I think she is a Texel cross but I am not sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.