Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye Glaze, Nutmeg and Murphy

RyanR

Cavy Slave
For those who haven't read, Glaze, Murphy and Nutmeg headed across the rainbow bridge earlier this afternoon. They apparently died from a virus. I remember when I first got Glaze on a very cold night up in Rockford. My brother and I waited for him from Wisconsin and sure enough this little golden guy was all ready to come home. A couple months later, I got Nutmeg after he was given up by a father who's daughter had returned to college. He was a bit of a pain at time but he fit into the rest of the family. A month later, a friend of the family needed to rehome their guinea pig Murphy because they're oldest daughter had devoloped allergies towards him. Since March of this year all six of my boys have shared food, nips, arguments and lots of cuddles. I was sad to lose Cookies & Cream this past May and brought Pumpkin Spice into the family.
Now, I must say goodbye to three of my cutest abbies I ever had. I'm going to miss you boys. Love you.
nmglazememorial.jpg

murphmemorial.jpg

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
They were absolutely georgeous boys. I will miss hearing about the Sinister Six :(.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I can not imagine the pain you must be feeling right now with the loss of three of your sweet boys all in one day. I am so sorry.

Rest in peace Murphy, Nutmeg, and Glaze.

spoonyspork

Cavy Slave
Oh no! I read your post earlier and was worried, then just now saw the topic I'd hoped I wouldn't see. I'm so sorry for your loss. Three at once. :(

Maybe the fact that your others seem okay means if it was a virus, they're only carriers and won't get sick. Or maybe it was the poison from a few weeks ago, and it just now hit their system, and the others didn't get as much and will be okay.

In any case, here's hoping your others make it through!

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
I read your earlier thread, and although I did not get a chance to reply, I had been thinking of you and hoping for the best. I was so greatly saddened to hear that you lost your little guys. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and the rest of your piggie crew at this sad time.

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
Your post made me cry hard. I'm so sorry you lost your adorable little piggers.

I hope you make it through this. :love: Sending much love from the piggers and myself.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I have had several animals die within weeks of each other but never 3 die in one day. I wish there was something I could do to make the pain you must be feeling ease.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. I could not imagine losing 3 piggies in one day. You must be beside yourself with grief. :(

Your 3 little guys will be in my prayers.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. Tears started welling up in my eyes when I saw this thread. I know you and the boys will make it through this, we're all here to talk if you need to.

RIP Glaze, Nutmeg and Murphey
You will never be forgotten

Naomi

Cavy Slave
Sleep Sweetly little pigs. I only wish there was something I could say or do to ease your pain.

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
:weepy:
Reading your post, and seeing the picture of your beautiful babies made me cry. I wish I could ease your pain somehow.
I am so sorry

Pauli

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss , What a hard day you must of had. Hope tomorrow looks a bit brighter for you. At least the boys are together and have each other on the other side .

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone. I spent about 3 hours scrubbing out the cage and running things through the dishwasher. My girlfriend was with me every step of the way and my friend Rick was there too. We got Hercules, Smores and Pumpkin Spice resettled in the cage but the second story ramp isn't hooked back up yet. It will be in the morning before I head to work. They've notice the change with Nutmeg, Murphy and Glaze gone. It's... quieter now. Herc is a talking but not as much as Murph and Nutmeg were. I'm going to miss them.

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. :weepy: Rest in peace Glaze, Nutmeg and Murphy.

piggy-lover

Cavy Slave
Aw, that's horrible. 3 in one day.. I couldn't imagine. I'm sorry for your loss.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your 3 pigs Ryan. Rest in peace boys.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Ryan, I am in tears here. I remember how long you waited and how much you wanted Glaze, and then these other two gorgeous chaps as well. They were all beautiful. I am so sorry you lost them.

bennyboy2006

Cavy Slave
Ryan,
I will miss the boys terribly. I wish I could have seen them more. I hope everyone else continues to do well and I pray your spirits will rise soon. As a side note, there are three boys for adoption at petco by me named Huey, Dewey, and Louis. Call me if you are interested.
janice
benny
smores

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Ryan I hardly know what to say. I'm so sorry. I hope you can get to the bottom of what happened. Thinking of you. Wheeks and whisker whisks.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Rayn,
This is just awful. Do you think you will ever know what happened? I know the boys miss their cagemates very much. I know you will miss all the chatting and hugging on them too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.