Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi everyone

weeguineas

Cavy Slave
Re: Member Names And Accounts

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group and joined because I've recently aquired 2 guinea pigs (technically my sons' guineas, but we all know how THAT goes!). I had guinea pigs as a kid but it's been a long time, so I thought I could learn more here. I am particularly intersted in apartment-friendly, multi-level but smallish-base sized cage design. What else? Oh; our guineas are Whitey (a solid white American, non-albino) and Marbles (I think she is a Coronet, tortishell but mostly white and incredibly cute). Thanks for reading! :rolleyes:

Teri

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.

You placed your intro thread in the wrong place so I went ahead and split it off from the thread you placed it in and started a new one for you.

There isn't too much you can do about a small base size for the cage. Your GPs will need between a 7.5 and 10.5 sq feet base to be really happy and healthy. Even people in the smallest of apartments have managed to fit in a cage of this size with a little creative furniture arranging though.

Are both your GPs girls? If so are you certain? Pet stores often missex GPs. I recommend triple checking yourself and if there is still any doubt to get them to a vet for sexing. The last thing you want is for them to start breeding.

Last edited:

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Buying a folding table from Lowe's etc. and building on it is a great space saver. You use underneath for pig gear storage.

Welcome.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.