Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Looking to adopt in Surrey Bc

Piggiepen

Cavy Slave
I've been looking to adopt a buddy for my piggie Max and am wondering if there is anyone in Surrey BC with a young male or spayed female that needs a new home???? I am trying to do the right thing and adopt as opposed to buy but the rescue organizations make it too difficult to do so. The local shelter here doesn't have any piggies available right now either. He really needs a friend as he is alone for most of the day while I am at work and I don't want him to get lonely.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

I know that there is a guinea pig rescue that is actually in Surrey. I used to volunteer there. Call the regular SPCA and ask for the phone number for it. At the guinea pig rescue they always have tons of guinea pigs looking for homes. I live in Victoria otherwise I'd look the number up for you.

I think the regular surrey SPCA only has cat/dogs at it. They transfer all their smaller pets to the other center. Please try to find it because they have lots of guinea pigs there.

I hope this helps! Let me know.
Lynn

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Umm... I'm not sure if Lynn's referring to SARS BC (Small Animal Rscue Society), but they have 7 cavies for adoption right now; 4 males and 3 females. (broken link removed)

In addition, if you do a Petfinder search, you'll see tonnes of piggies in the area; Surrey SPCA has 4, there are pigs at the Vancouver and Richmond SPCAs, and many others in BC currently looking for homes: (broken link removed)

Perhaps you weren't aware of these rescues, but now you are and can make a good choice!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.