Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Homemade Pigloo ROFL

CBrewton5

Cavy Slave
I really need to get my camera running....Dave got a instant grits can from Wal-Mart that was empty, cleaned it out and put it in the piggers cage to see what they'd do....15 minutes later I look at the cage and Zorro is no where to be found so I'm thinking "Where'd she go" no way she could have gotten out of the cage, so I look around to the other side and there is Zorro sleeping in her pigloo. Dave said these girls are true southerners sleeping in a can of grits! :cheerful:

I was thinking on the way home I wonder if I made a stairstep out of plastic canvas that was stitched together in the right shape if they'd use it...do you think they'd tear something like that up? I like the catnip toy ideas but I'm not as good with stitching cloth as I am with crochet or plastic canvas....any ideas?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
You could crochet a catnip toy with organic undyed yarn (that way if they nibble a bit it won't hurt thier bellies as much) If it's an animal hair yarn you could kool-aid dye it funky colours. If you google crochet cat nip toy I am sure you will find a ton of patterns. There are also some cute crochet fruit/veggie patterns floating around out there.

Not sure that plastic canvas would hold up as well as a step. Depends on how many step you need. But here ia a good thread on here to build and easy as pie safe ramp.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
My pigs get oatmeal cannister tunnels. I almost had a grits cannister as well, but I made the mistake of dropping it and Jasper ran off with it, ripping it to shreds.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Whats a grits cannister?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
It's a cardboard cannister that grits come in.

CBrewton5

Cavy Slave
Unplanned or thought of problem arose with it though. They are untrained and are pooping in their new little 'pigloos' literally using it as a loo LOL. With it being cardboard it doesn't clean up like I like so I'm stumped as to what to do now. Wondering if I could line the inside with something like cotton batting (since that is readily available to me) or something of that nature? That way daily or whatever I could just change out the batting and the pigloos wuld still be clean?

Yes a grits canister is what grits come in but I think he/she asking what grits were :p define:Grits - Google Search

That's a link I found that gives the description of grits....this software is awesome I just entered the URL and it hypertexted it for me! :eek:

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I've found that with the oatmeal and grits cannisters, I shake the poops out, and when they get too wet or chewed, throw them away. They really aren't permanent hidies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.